Running Parallels (Windows 11 ARM) on macOS 13 Ventura beta

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop on a Mac with Apple silicon' started by SamL7, Jul 6, 2022.

1. SamL7

SamL7 Bit poster

Hi All:
    I've held off on updating my 2021 16" MacBookPro (M1 Pro chip) to the macOS 13 beta (beta 3 released today).
    I read the following information:https://kb.parallels.com/en/128970, which seems to indicate that there aren't any showstoppers as to running parallels (at least nothing imperative without a workaround). But I wanted to make sure that the same applies for the M1 macs and the ARM-based Windows 11 virtual machine. I am running the latest version of Parallels for Mac (Version 17.1.4 (51567)).
    Does anyone have any experiences running Parallels on the macOS Ventura beta on an M1 Mac?

2. MischaC1

MischaC1 Bit poster

Well, everything was working kind of ok with beta 1 and beta 2. Some issues with a black screen but there is a fix/workaround for that. However, when I started Parallels (latest version, 17.1.4) today after installing Ventua beta 3 on my M1 Air, I just got a message 'On older version of Parallels Desktop is running. Please quit the older version of Parallels Desktop and try again'.

So I started Activity Monitor and quit every Parallels proces I could find, including the Parallels Toolbox, but no luck. Since the app won't start I can't auto-update from the app so I guess I'll have to manually check if a new build is being released and try that one...

Any suggestions from Parallels experts here?

SamL7 likes this.
  3. SamL7

SamL7 Bit poster

Thanks for the reply! Looks like I will hold off on downloading the macOS Ventura software for now.

4. SamL7

SamL7 Bit poster

I'm running v17 of Parallels (17.1.4 (51567)). I also have a 2021 MBP currently running Windows 11 ARM, but wanted to make sure I wouldn't run into any major issues if I upgraded my computer to macOS ventura beta 3.

5. MischaC1

MischaC1 Bit poster

After further analysis it had nothing to do with Parallels/Venture combination. Apparently my disk space was running too low and after freeing up everything is working fine once again. So for me no issues with running Windows 11 ARM on Ventura beta.

SamL7 likes this.
  6. SamL7

SamL7 Bit poster

Good to hear!

I think I may update - the curiosity is getting to me and I have a recent backup if something goes wrong and I can't use the software.

7. SamL7

SamL7 Bit poster

By way of update - I just updated my MacBook Pro (M1 Pro Chip / 16GB RAM / 1TB storage) to macOS 13 Ventura beta 3 (which I believe, per the updated version released yesterday) is now the same as the Public Beta.

Parallels is running Windows 11 perfectly smooth. Haven't found a bug or glitch and seems to be running exactly as it was on macOS 12!

8. DagS2

DagS2 Bit poster

Related issue -- Running Ventura now but Parallels 18 on 2021 M1 Mac won't intall (though it *will* download) the 22H2 Windows 11 Update. I tried to run Windows Troubleshooter and it won't connect. Tried to Activate Windows in case that was it and got message, "Can't connect to Windows store right now." I can browse (Edge) fine so there is some network connectivity.