Desktop MAC not working

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by AntonioF8, Jul 14, 2022.

Tags:
  1. AntonioF8

AntonioF8 Bit poster

I have a serious problem with the MAC desktop which is empty and locked, in the sense that it does not accept copy / paste of files or folders. Desktop files are visible in the Finder. Also in Windows the same files of the Finder are visible on the desktop. Is this a Parallels problem? How can I solve?

2. Tharun@P

Tharun@P Moderator

Hello, Can you please let us know if you are using a macOS virtual machine inside Parallels Desktop like the Windows? If yes, then please provide the Mac chip (Intel/M1). Thanks.

3. AntonioF8

AntonioF8 Bit poster

No, I only use Windows Arm inside Parallels Dektop. I bought license april 2022 and everything worked fine, but about one week ago all desktop files and folders are visible only with Finder, and desktop doesn't accept copy/past. I've the last Parallels version on Macbook Air 2020 M1. Thanks

4. AndersonV

AndersonV Bit poster

Im having the same problem.. No solution until now

5. Nazeemabanu@P

Nazeemabanu@P Moderator

Please reinstall the Parallels Tools by referring - KB Parallels: Parallels Tools manual installation and check. Also, do you mean that files on the desktop of host Mac is not visible inside the Windows 11 ARM OS? And make sure that the option 'Share folder' under the Share Mac tab points to 'All disks' or 'Home' folder under windows 11 configuration. Refer to this link - KB Parallels: How to share a macOS folder with a virtual machine for the same. Thanks.