Error: Could not communicate with digital switchboard (Roco Z21)

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by macnavi, Aug 12, 2022.

1. macnavi

macnavi Bit poster

I've been using Parallels since the very first version, but this is the first time I can't solve my problem. It's most likely Windows security related, of which I don't know much, if anything.
    I have a command station for my model trains, the Roco Z21. I have been able to use this for many years with Parallels, but recently, maybe through a Windows update, it stopped communicating. When I click on connect, I get this message "Could not communicate with digital switchboard". This does not give any answer when I search on Google. When I ping it, it does respond. Internet is working fine. This problem started when Windows popped up a security message that I had to allow this app communicating with the device. I did click OK, but since then it doesn't work anymore. I turned off my firewall completely, but that didn't solve it.
    The Z21 is communicating fine with my Mac. I can control the model train with software on my Mac. But I need Windows to use the Z21 app, to update the decoders in the model trains.

Anyone know what to do to make it work? Any help is very much appreciated.
    Sven

[​IMG]

2. macnavi

macnavi Bit poster

Solved it: I was close. The network (see image above, right top) should be on Bridged Network> WiFi.

3. Asish

Asish Staff Member

Hello @macnavi, We are glad that you have managed to resolve the issue. Thank you for sharing your experience in order to resolve this issue. Please reach us back for further assistance.