Audio echo in recorded screen when using Apple Earbuds

Discussion in 'Parallels Toolbox for Mac' started by Brett_Conlon, Oct 6, 2022.

1. Brett_Conlon

Brett_Conlon Member

Hi Parallels boffins,

[Using latest Parallels Tools and Parallels Desktop 18 on 2015 MacBook Pro]

For months now I've had an issue where any time I use the "Record Area" or "Record Screen" function of Parallels Tools, I get echo in the audio recording. As an eLearning developer, this is an important part of what I do. I also use the Record Screen function when capturing important meetings (like client briefs) that I am participating in.

Today, I did some troubleshooting and found that having external earphones connected is causing audio issues in the following 2 ways:
    1. If I connect my wired Apple Earbuds (the white ones that come with your iPhone), echo is captured in the audio of a screen recording.
    2. If I connect my bluetooth earbuds, I can't hear ANY computer audio (like a video playing) while conducting the recording but the audio is captured correctly within the screen recording when played back.

If I have NO external earphones/microphone connected, the screen recording captures the audio correctly, but I have my laptop closed and use 2 external screens (hence why I use the external earbuds and microphone). So I need a working solution with external earphone/microphone setup.

I also trued changing ALL of the Parallels > Hardware > Sound & Camera settings but nothing changed. I even Quit Parallels in case the Windows side was feeding a second, delayed set of audio back to the recording, but I still have the issue when running other of the recording tools.

Does this happen for anyone else? Is there a fix or workaround?

Many thanks!!!
    Brett

2. Mikhail Ushakov

Mikhail Ushakov Parallels Team

Hello Brett,
    Kindly reproduce the issue once again and collect a technical report at the moment of reproduction. Here you can find the instruction on how to do that: https://kb.parallels.com/124107 . Once done, please send the report ID to us in your reply to this post.
    In addition to that, did you try to change sound input to an external device in the tool settings? Does it make any difference?