Parallels 18 install gets stuck and kills internet on MBP 21 (M1) Ventura 13.0

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop on a Mac with Apple silicon' started by SebastianS19, Nov 3, 2022.

1. SebastianS19

SebastianS19 Bit poster

Hi! I'm trying to install Parallels 18 to start learning Power BI, but I can't seem to finalise the installation process for the software itself. After automatic enabling of the folders is shown and I click "Finish", it shows "Parallels Desktop. Starting..." on my screen and nothing happens. Also, my internet also always dies at that moment, even though my WiFi is completely fine. Quitting the app doesn't fix the internet, only uninstalling and restarting does. How can this problem be fixed?

2. SebastianS19

SebastianS19 Bit poster

I managed to get Parallels and Windows 11 installed with the Mac App Store version of Parallels instead of the parallels.com downloaded one. However, I'm still having issues. Everytime I start the Windows 11 virtual machine, it kills internet on my Mac side. I can't even access my router settings with its IP address, even though Mac IP settings are identical to the situation where the internet worked on Mac side. Internet on Windows 11 side works, but only if I select the network mode to "Bridged" instead of "Shared". I've tried to reinstall Parallels Tools, change IP addresses with DHCP renewal, tried different network modes, enabled Full Disk Access for Parallels, disabled all firewall settings on Windows side, but nothing seems to be working in terms of internet on Mac side. Only quitting the app and rebooting my computer allows reaccess to the internet on Mac side. What should I do to fix this or in fact, getting the parallels.com version of Parallels installed on my computer?

3. DavidT55

DavidT55 Bit poster

When I updated my MacBook Pro (2019, Intel chip) to OSX Monterey, I started having the same issue. Starting parallels kills internet on the Mac side. I tried downgrading to Parallels version 17 but that did not help. I have tried all the things Sebastian has done. Nothing helps. Only a reboot. Very annoying.