None of my macOS VMs will boot after upgrading my host OS and Parallels

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by EricN11, Jan 31, 2023.

1. EricN11

EricN11 Bit poster

I recently upgraded my computer from macOS 10.15.7 & Parallels 17 to macOS 13.1 & Parallels 18.1.1 (53328). Prior to the upgrade, I had a number of macOS VMs that I used without issue. Post update none of them will boot; they all hang on the Apple boot screen with the progress bar at about 75%.

Additionally, when I initially upgraded one of the macOS VMs was in a suspended state. After I upgraded I was able to pull the VM out of the suspended state, but once I restarted the VM, it was no longer able to boot.

All of the Windows VMs still seem to be working properly.

I'm using an i9 16" MBP with 64GB RAM

2. Tharun@P

Tharun@P Moderator

Hello @EricN11 , Please open your mac OS virtual machine first. After opening the virtual machine if you are in the full screen mode then exit the full screen mode. Now you will see the "Actions" option appear on the Mac menu bar where the Apple icon appears on the Mac side. Now click Action > Click STOP > Do not click Shut Down, as Shut Down is different from Stop. Now check if everything is working fine by opening the virtual machine again. Please follow this link: https://kb.parallels.com/123111 to learn more about STOP. Thanks.