Windows 11 Pro installing?

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by JohnK50, Feb 23, 2023.

1. JohnK50

JohnK50 Bit poster

I just purchased a new Mac, and have been trying to get mt Windows Home edition installed, but every time I try, it installs Windows 11 Pro. Is there a work around to get the Home edition installed? Do I have to download the .iso file and create a new VM for this?

It's been a while for me as the last time I installed Parallels was a long time ago. I am sure things have changed.

Thanks

John

2. Mikhail Ushakov

Mikhail Ushakov Parallels Team

Hello John,
    Foremost, please be advised that Windows Home Edition isn't officially supported by Microsoft to run on M-Series Mac computers, while Windows 11 Pro Edition is. That's why Pro Edition is downloaded by default.
    Would you tell me more details about your scenario, why do you need a Windows Home Edition installed?

3. JohnK50

JohnK50 Bit poster

Guess that's information I could have used before I spent $100 on Windows home edition. Lesson learned.

I actually figured how to get the Home edition on after a few attempts. I just deleted the pro VM and installed the Home edition in the Control panel.

Thank you though for the reply.

John

4. KonstantinH1

KonstantinH1 Bit poster

Where did you get Win 11 Home edition compatible with M1/M2?

-Konstantin

5. rumours

rumours Bit poster

download Windows as usual - 'Get Windows from Microsoft'. It'll download an ISO file. Cancel the installation then. Upon that you can open Installation assistant wizard > install from iso > select the downloaded iso and you'll see an edition selector. Select Windows Home, that's it.