Record Area - Failed to Merge video and audio parts-How do I fix

Discussion in 'Parallels Toolbox for Windows' started by RoxanneW1, Nov 4, 2022.

1. RoxanneW1

RoxanneW1 Bit poster

2. RoxanneW1

RoxanneW1 Bit poster

upload_2022-11-4_9-45-3.png Technical data report ID # 411228742

3. ParallelsU1035

ParallelsU1035 Bit poster

Hi I have the same error. Failed to merge audio and video parts. Can someone help - have tried for 4 months but no response on any social media

4. Mikhail Ushakov

Mikhail Ushakov Parallels Team

Hello,
    Would you reproduce the issue once again and send a technical report at the moment of reproduction as per the KB https://kb.parallels.com/124107 ? Please make sure you have the latest Parallels Toolbox version installed (6.0.1).
    Additionally, kindly describe what steps you took to reproduce the issue.

5. ParallelsU1035

Hi i have sent this. Ref no: 416221080.

Originally it was working. Then any of the screen recording features crashed and threw error 'failed to merge audio and video parts'. I tried to removed parallel and reinstall twice and checked latest update. Still issue. Then due to another issue with PC i have resent pc and installed parallels (6.0.1) from email link again and same issue. So i reset pc to factory default and installed parallels (6.0.1) and again same issue now i have exception error as it crashes if i try to record screen.

Please kindly look into it. It seems to be the parallels software.
    Regards

6. Pramesh Boodadoo

Pramesh Boodadoo Staff Member

Hello,
    Thank you for the provided data.
    Indeed, it appears that the case requires deeper investigation, so we reported it to the Development Team.
    Kindly subscribe to this link to get notification of the upcoming updates of Parallels Toolbox: https://kb.parallels.com/en/123955

Thanks

7. ParallelsU1035

Hi Pramesh,

Thank you. I have selected get updates from top left corner of the below. I am on a Laptop windows 11 pc though.
    Parallels Toolbox for Mac updates summary

8. ParallelsU1035

Hi Pramesh, Parallels, there has been no update for Windows and am still waiting for this to be resolved. Please can you kindly confirm if resolved as i still have same issue, failed to merge audio and video parts for windows 11 laptop!

9. Mikhail Ushakov

Hello,
    The issue isn't resolved yet but it's being added to our workload for the next release. We'll keep you posted.

10. ParallelsU1035

Hi how long before this is resolved as its been nearly a year?

11. Aydaskhan Asochakov

Aydaskhan Asochakov Staff Member

As it was mentioned before, our development team is investigating this issue. However, do not share an ETA required for a fix.
    Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. We will get back to you as soon as we have an update.
    Please stay tuned for this one.
    Should you have any additional questions, let us know.
    Have a nice week!

12. ShaneW

ShaneW Bit poster

I just found that I'm experiencing the same issue on my newly installed seat of Parallels Toolkit on a Windows 11 laptop. Glad to see here that its a known issue and is being investigated and hopefully, at this point, fixed soon. Thanks to the team for their diligence and solving this--fingers crossed you have an update to resolve this in the near future!

13. Joe39

Joe39 Bit poster

I am experiencing the same issue, is a fix available yet. I just download and installed the latest version and the problem remains unresolved. I'm beginning to think this software subscription is an utter waste of my money and am considering asking for a refund.

14. AlexandraL1

AlexandraL1 Bit poster

Hi, same problem here, Report ID : 425951459

15. Aydaskhan Asochakov

Aydaskhan Asochakov Staff Member

Greetings,
    As it was mentioned before, our development team is investigating this issue. However, do not share an ETA required for a fix.
    Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. We will get back to you as soon as we have an update.
    Please stay tuned for this one.
    Should you have any additional questions, let us know.
    Have a nice week!

16. PeterS98

PeterS98 Bit poster

Good day, What about the solution to this problem? When will there be a solution? After all, this problem has been known for a long time and there is no solution.
    Do you get any compensation for the fact that the function usage has been limited for months? I will gladly send you the data you need to find and fix the problem.

17. RayP1

RayP1 Bit poster

Once again, Parallels is proving to me that:

1.) You do not care about or properly support the Toolbox product, yet you continue to collect subscription fees for it.

2.) The quality of support delivered for this "commercial" product is well below what I have received for donationware and freeware products. The fact that I must report this on a Forum rather than your Support site is further proof of that.

I have used this tool in the past, so I can verify that it once worked, but the current issue has been ongoing for more than a development cycle now without progress (continually asking for more diagnostics shows your weak skill set), so it's clear this is *not* going to get fixed anytime soon. Is there anyone there that takes any pride in workmanship?

I am a former commercial software developer, so you cannot hide your intent from me, you can only dissemble to the people willing to ascribe good will to you - good will that you have not earned.

18. Mikhail Ushakov

Hi Ray,
    Thank you for your feedback.
    I can assure you that it's 100% not right. The issue turned out to be more complex than we expected and requires more time for investigation and fixing. Our engineers are doing their best to address the issue as soon as possible. Stay tuned!

19. Mikhail Ushakov