Unable to rearrange menu icons (Hide menu icons)

Discussion in 'Parallels Toolbox for Mac' started by LeeP8, Feb 23, 2023.

1. LeeP8

LeeP8 Bit poster

Seems to be a bug. Started on Ventura 12.2.1 on Intel-based Mac. When trying to rearrange menu icons in the "Hide menu icons" settings, the UI hangs up while "rearranging". Once finished, the icon arrangement in the settings panel is updated, but the system icons are not. Clicking anywhere in the settings panel then syncs the icons up to reflect that of the system. Nothing can be arranged.

2. LeeP8

LeeP8 Bit poster

Typo, should read MacOS Ventura 13.2.1

3. Aydaskhan Asochakov

Aydaskhan Asochakov Staff Member

Greetings LeeP8,
    Thank you for posting on Parallels Forum.
    To let us proceed with investigation, kindly reproduce the issue and collect a technical report as per this article: https://kb.parallels.com/en/124107
    Then copy 9-digit ID of the report and send it in a reply message.
    We will be waiting for your reply.

4. LeeP8

LeeP8 Bit poster

Thank you for your response Aydaskhan.
    I just attempted to recreate the issue, and at first, it seemed like the problem was resolved. Then I thought about what may have changed and I was able to recreate & pinpoint the issue. When the rearranging dialog pops up (and it takes a while to rearrange), if the user clicks elsewhere on the screen to remove focus from the dialog, as I did to continue work, the changes are not made. It occurred to me that this may be a limitation required by the operating system. If this is expected behavior, I can accept that. If you believe this is an issue that needs to be addressed by the team, I will recreate again and submit the report.
    I look forward to your follow-up.

5. Aydaskhan Asochakov

Greetings LeeP8,
    Thank you for the information provided.
    Could you please indeed recreate an issue and collect a technical report as per this article: https://kb.parallels.com/en/124107
    Then copy 9-digit ID of the report and send it in a reply message.
    We will be waiting for your reply.

6. LeeP8

LeeP8 Bit poster

Here is the report id: 420099660.
    The screenshot that it would attach was not helpful, so I took a screen grab of the problem as well and am attaching it here. Please note the location of the Wi-Fi icon in both locations.

Attached Files:

7. LeeP8

LeeP8 Bit poster

Another seemingly related issue just occurred. When starting a screen recording, leading to the system notification that a recording is occurring, the "Rearranging menu icons" dialog pops up and takes focus, lingering for an extended period of time. I submitted another report, ID: 420183207.

8. Aydaskhan Asochakov

Greetings LeeP8,
    We tried to reproduce the issue locally, however, we couldn't reproduce it.
    Would you mind recording your issue as video , upload it to any open file exchange service and paste the link to the new technical report's description for clear understanding the issue?
    Thank you for understanding.
    Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

9. LeeP8

LeeP8 Bit poster

10. Aydaskhan Asochakov

Greetings LeeP8,
    We've created a ticket #4014837 to investigate your issue further.
    Please check your email inbox related to the Parallels account.
    Looking forward to hearing from you soon via email.
    Thank you!

John Brodeur likes this.