Windows 11 multiple displays issue

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop on a Mac with Apple silicon' started by Ernest1, Aug 18, 2022.

1. Ernest1

Ernest1 Bit poster

Hi,

I've Macbook Pro and 24" external display so Windows 11 are extended to show on both screens (setting 'Use all Displays in Full Screen' is on).
    In Windows in 'Multiple Display' settings I set my external display as 'Make this my main display'. Problem is that next time I boot Windows this setting is lost and I need to set it again.

Is there a way to make this setting persist between boots?

2. DaveG12

DaveG12 Bit poster

I have the same issue - I also have a weird problem where it doesn't remember the display arrangement (I tried all the standard Windows troubleshooting) so every time I boot the VM/it comes out of being asleep I have to reset the arrangement to the way my monitors are setup. It's very frustrating to deal with.

3. BrandonD7

BrandonD7 Bit poster

Same. This is a super awesome chore I have to do everyday.

4. BrandonD7

BrandonD7 Bit poster

Loses "Main Display" every reboot and when I disconnect my external display.

5. serv

serv Forum Maven

When entering Full screen or Coherence mode the physical display on which VM window was displaying becomes Main display in Windows. This arrangement will be remembered through VM shutdown/restart.