Trackpad scrolls in the wrong direction

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by ChristianF18, Mar 17, 2023.

1. ChristianF18

ChristianF18 Bit poster

Hello,
    I just installed the trial 18.2.0 on my Mac to try using Windows programms in Mac for my company. I realized that a lot works fine, but scrolling is reverse in windows compared to "natural scrolling" on the Mac. I could not find a way to correct this behavior. How is this being done?
    Cheers
    Chris

2. Aries@PF

Aries@PF Hunter

Check the Guest OS's trackpad settings. It's in there somewhere.

3. ChristianF18

ChristianF18 Bit poster

I checked that. There are no settings in the guest os. There are only mouse settings where I cannot change the direction. And I don't want to change these settings through device settings (what is possible) because when using a mouse this would mean that it's reverse for the scroll wheel.

It would be great if there were the standard laptop settings from Microsoft, but they are not visible.

4. ChristianF18

ChristianF18 Bit poster

After disabling and reactivating natural scrolling it works now

5. Aries@PF

Aries@PF Hunter

So in this screen, there's no trackpad options? (similar to the image itself) Maybe it only does that for MB hosts? IDK, I'd have to check mine for reference. Oh yeah, forgot to ask What Guest OS you're on.

6. ChristianF18

ChristianF18 Bit poster

Exactly. There are no trackpad settings within the guest OS. But as I said, the problem disappeared after disabling and reenabling natural scrolling.
    Thanks for your help

7. Aries@PF

Aries@PF Hunter

Ah, good to see. For some reason it didn't show your post at the time I last replied.