Windows 11 Crashing due to a critical graphical issue

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop on a Mac with Apple silicon' started by SergioC10, Feb 21, 2023.

1. SergioC10

SergioC10 Bit poster

Hi everyone,
    I have installed Windows 11 with Parallels desktop 18.1 on my iMac M1, i wanted to try and play GTA5 but when the initial mission starts I get to the first explosion and then my whole VM crashes due to a critical graphic problem... Does anyone know how to solve this?

2. Adeboye Adeotan

Adeboye Adeotan Staff Member

Hello SergioC10,

To help us understand this issue better, kindly perform the following steps:

1. Reproduce the issue.
    2. Collect a technical report (click the Parallels icon > Help > Send technical data > check "Attach screenshots..." > press Send Report) and send the report's 9-digit ID in a reply to this post.

3. PranavK3

PranavK3 Bit poster

4. AmaanA

AmaanA Bit poster

i am having the same issue while running gta 5 on my mb pro m1 max

5. Adeboye Adeotan

Hello PranavK3,

Thank you for the provided data.
    We have created a ticket to assist you with this issue and will provide further communication to you at p*****e@gmail.com.

Best regards.

6. Adeboye Adeotan

Hello AmaanA,

Kindly provide us with a technical report by performing the following steps:

1. Reproduce the issue.
    2. Collect a technical report (click the Parallels icon > Help > Send technical data > check "Attach screenshots..." > press Send Report) and send the report's 9-digit ID in a reply to this post.

Thank you.

7. AmaanA

AmaanA Bit poster

8. AmaanA

AmaanA Bit poster

Hello i am still waiting for your reply

9. Adeboye Adeotan

Hello AmaanA,

Thank you for the provided data.
    We have created a ticket to assist you with this issue and will provide further communication to you at a**********6@gmail.com.

10. AaronS20

AaronS20 Bit poster

Hello, I am having this exact same issue as well.
    I have sent several technical reports. The most recent report's ID is 421776636

11. Pramesh Boodadoo

Pramesh Boodadoo Staff Member

Hello,

As per the report provided, Parallels Desktop App Store Edition is installed, to verify if the issue is not persisting in the current Parallels Desktop 18 latest build, kindly follow the below steps:
    1. Make sure that the Virtual Machine is Shutdown (Actions on top of the mac menu bar > select Shutdown).
    2. Quit Parallels Desktop by right-clicking on Parallels Desktop icon on the dock and select "Quit".
    3. Open your "Applications" folder and drag the Parallels Desktop icon into the "Trash".
    4. Empty the "Trash".
    5. Reboot your Mac.
    6. Download the latest build of Parallels Desktop 18 from this link: https://download.parallels.com/desktop/v18/18.2.0-53488/ParallelsDesktop-18.2.0-53488.dmg
    7. Double-click on the installer to install Parallels Desktop 18.
    8. Run the virtual machine.
    9. Reinstall Parallels Tools: in the top menu click Actions > Reinstall Parallels Tools, wait for the installation to finish, restart the virtual machine.
    10. Verify if issue still persists.

Let us know about the result please.
    If the issue still persists, please collect an additional technical report (right-click Parallels icon in Dock > Help > Send technical data > check "Attach screenshots..." > press Send Report) and provide us with the report's 9-digit ID in reply.

12. AaronS20

AaronS20 Bit poster

It is still happening. 421848135

13. JieD1

JieD1 Bit poster

Hello I have the same issue here. My report ID: 421850829

14. JieD1

JieD1 Bit poster

My laeset report ID: 421903175

15. AmaanA

AmaanA Bit poster

hello i am still having the issue here is my id : 421921807

16. AaronS20

AaronS20 Bit poster

Hello, have there been any updates on this? Very frustrating that I paid $120 for the Desktop version of Parallels for the sole purpose of being able to play GTA 5.

17. AmaanA

AmaanA Bit poster

not yet they said they are working on it so gotta wait for a while

18. Mikhail Ushakov

Mikhail Ushakov Parallels Team

Thank you. In your case, I'd advise you to shut down the virtual machine and remove all boot flags from the configuration settings of the virtual machine (Hardware tab > Boot order > Advanced > Boot flags).
    Start the machine again and check.

19. Mikhail Ushakov

Same advice here:
    Shut down the virtual machine and remove all boot flags from the configuration settings of the virtual machine (Hardware tab > Boot order > Advanced > Boot flags).
    Start the machine again and check.

PS: it'd be very helpful for us to know where you've found the system flag and why you load the virtual machine with it.

20. Mikhail Ushakov

This crash has already been submitted to our Engineering Team to review it. Unfortunately, we have no solution yet.