Unable to launch Image Tool

Discussion in 'Parallels Image Tool' started by mc2, Sep 18, 2009.

1. mc2

mc2 Bit poster

I have Parallels 4.0 build 3846 and am unable to launch the Image Tool. I get the icon bounce for a few minutes and then it stops and does nothing. I found the following entries in my console log that occur each time I attempt to launch the app. I am running it on Snow Leopard.

9/12/09 9:04:39 AM [0x0-0x84084].com.parallels.server.imagetool[1126] objc[1126]: Class QMacSoundDelegate is implemented in both /Library/Parallels/Parallels Service.app/Contents/MacOS/libQtGui.4.dylib and /Library/Parallels/Parallels Service.app/Contents/Resources/libprl_sdk.dylib. One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.

9/12/09 9:04:39 AM [0x0-0x84084].com.parallels.server.imagetool[1126] objc[1126]: Class QNSMenu is implemented in both /Library/Parallels/Parallels Service.app/Contents/MacOS/libQtGui.4.dylib and /Library/Parallels/Parallels Service.app/Contents/Resources/libprl_sdk.dylib. One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.

9/12/09 9:04:39 AM [0x0-0x84084].com.parallels.server.imagetool[1126] objc[1126]: Class QNSStatusItem is implemented in both /Library/Parallels/Parallels Service.app/Contents/MacOS/libQtGui.4.dylib and /Library/Parallels/Parallels Service.app/Contents/Resources/libprl_sdk.dylib. One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.

9/12/09 9:04:39 AM [0x0-0x84084].com.parallels.server.imagetool[1126] objc[1126]: Class QNSImageView is implemented in both /Library/Parallels/Parallels Service.app/Contents/MacOS/libQtGui.4.dylib and /Library/Parallels/Parallels Service.app/Contents/Resources/libprl_sdk.dylib. One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.

2. Stuw

Stuw Parallels Developers

Hi, mc2

Which build of Mac OS Snow Leopard do you use? Could you provide the log file?

3. GianmarcoD

GianmarcoD Bit poster

I'm experiencing the same problem as mc2. I've got the same log warning too. I'm working on a Macbook CoreDuo@2.0 GHz under Snow Leopard 10.6.2 (build 10C540) completely uptodate. I own Parellels Desktop 4.0 (build 3848) while the Parallels Image Tool, Parallels Explorer and Parallels Transporter run build 3846 because I tried to resolve the problem following this thread suggestions but with no luck:
    http://forum.parallels.com/showthread.php?t=93710
    Any help is appreciated.

4. GianmarcoD

GianmarcoD Bit poster

Is there anyone from Parallels Team that can point out a possible solution?

5. Calizak

Calizak Bit poster

Can´t launch Image tool either for another reason

Every time I try to launch the Image Tool I get this dialog box:

"Unable to find parallels sdk library"

Mac Os X
    Parallels 4

Any help?

6. Stuw

Hi, Calizak

Did you try to reinstall Parallels Desktop?
    Also try to run Parallels Image Tool from terminal.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2010
  7. rstrauch

rstrauch Junior Member

I have the same problem and would like to try reinstalling, except that Parallels 4.0 doesn't seem to be accessible anywhere. How can I get a version that will work.

Ralph

8. Stuw

9. rstrauch

rstrauch Junior Member

Parallels Desktop 4.0.3848 is the version I had. I downloaded it again and reinstalled it, though, hoping that would help. It doesn't. I still get the same behavior. The app begins to launch, then stops responding -- while still using 80-90% of one processor's CPU. The console message below repeats several times during the launch process, the stops, probably when the app becomes unresponsive.

8/18/10 10:19:30 AM [0x0-0x3db3db].com.parallels.server.imagetool[15612] objc[15612]: Class QNSImageView is implemented in both /Library/Parallels/Parallels Service.app/Contents/MacOS/libQtGui.4.dylib and /Library/Parallels/Parallels Service.app/Contents/Resources/libprl_sdk.dylib. One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.

10. rstrauch

rstrauch Junior Member

Follow-up: Problem Solved

I rebooted with a safe boot (holding the shift key through the boot process and through login) and Image Tool loaded all the way and worked. Apparently there's an incompatibility with something else in my system that safe boot didn't load.

Ralph

11. Stuw

I can't reproduce this issue on my Mac OS 10.6.4.

Please, describe the problem more detailed:
    - what version of Mac OS do you use?
    - app hangs at start or a little later?

Please, try Parallels Desktop 5. Is this issue still present on Parallels Desktop 5?

upd:
    Please send a problem report and tell me it's number. I'll compare your configuration with my own.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2010
  12. rstrauch

rstrauch Junior Member

Stuw,

As far as I'm concerned, my problem is solved. I was able to do what I needed with Safe Boot, and don't need it on any regular basis. If my info can help you resolve the problem more generally though, I'm running 10.6.4 on a 2.2ghz 2007 MacBook Pro. When I launch Image Tool the app will begin to bound in the dock, then freeze part what through the launch process. My only option at that point is to force quit. Since Safe Boot solved the problem, it's clearly a conflict with something else in my system. I submitted a problem report as you requested, id 6459501.

I haven't upgraded to Paralles 5 because I only use Windows for one particular app so don't need the upgrade.

Thanks for your help.

Ralph

13. Stuw

Thanks for report. I hope it will be helpful.

14. Jeffrey Dasteel

Jeffrey Dasteel Bit poster

SDK Library Error

Like an earlier poster I cannot get the image tool to work. I get an SDK Library error. The suggestion was to launch from the terminal. I don't know what that means. Thanks

15. paddys

paddys Bit poster

my own problem is,
    I cannot get Dreamweaver to recognize Fireworks as the image editor. I keep
    getting this message: "Unable to launch Macintosh HD: Macromedia Fireworks
    8:Fireworks 8.app. Please be sure that this application exists and that there
    is enough memory to run it."

16. mikez-123

mikez-123 Bit poster

I also try to launch the Image Tool

17. valisas

valisas Bit poster

it is not good .