Upgrade to 10.2.2 (29105) just DESTROYED my Win10 Virtual Machine

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by buckZor, Jul 24, 2015.

1. buckZor

buckZor Bit poster

Well this sucks, I was encountering the unable to access //psf shared folders bug, so I just upgraded to the latest version to correct this and.. now it will not boot, see picture. This was after the Parallels Tools upgrade which happened automatically on first boot. Please help, I don't want to start over!

File: \Windows\System32\drivers\prl_tg.sys
    Error code: 0xc0000428

Attached Files:

2. CarlosJ1

CarlosJ1 Bit poster

Exact same thing happen to me!!

buckZor likes this.
  3. zino1

zino1 Bit poster

Same thing happen and failed to boot from Bootcamp, prl_tg.sys problems...
    How to solve it ?

buckZor likes this.
  4. MarieC

MarieC Junior Member

The v10.2.2 (29105) apparently causes problems with Windows 8.1 VM as well.

Right after upgrading, PD crashed twice few seconds after opening. I rebooted the computer & repaired permissions. I started the VM and v10.2.2 Tools were installed. Everything was working till critical error of PD application occured (curiously, the VM didn't crash and PD didn't close) whereas the VM was simply running in background till I was browsing Internet on Mac side.
    I sent the report (ID 70202663) to Parallels.
    For now, I uninstalled tools coming with 10.2.2, reverted to PD previous v10.2.1 (29006) and reinstalled tools. Now I cross my fingers.
    v10.2.2 (29105) may corrects some known bugs but also introduced new ones where it worked before :mad:.

zino1 likes this.
  5. Jigs Gaton

Jigs Gaton Product Expert

Same here on the upgrade, but I don't even get as far as a windows screen, but instead get this:
    Screen Shot 2015-07-26 at 11.13.34 PM.png
    So perhaps this is recoverable? If not, I have last week's backup :(

6. buckZor

buckZor Bit poster

Imagine how cool it would be if someone from Parallels actually responded to this thread..

JonathanM13 likes this.
  7. MarieC

MarieC Junior Member

Well, if troubles showed up right after upgrading PD (like for my case), tools of last build v10.2.2 were not installed yet in your Windows 8.1 VM. If correct, you should try to reinstall previous version of PD (v12.2.1).

8. MarieC

MarieC Junior Member

Technical support guys and developers are probably too busy to make PD works with Windows 10 that is not released yet... users who must WORK with previous and stable versions of Windows cannot even dream not to be a "brand new OS fashion victim" simply not installing/using Windows 10 too fast :(. That's the height of absurdity! :mad:

9. Dhruba@Parallels

Dhruba@Parallels

Hello Coocooforcocoapuffs,
    Please try to remove Parallels Desktop and re-install again and check how it goes.
    To remove Parallels Desktop, please refer to this article, http://kb.parallels.com/122653
    To download, please use this link, www.parallels.com/directdownload/pd10

Note: Un-installing and re-installing Parallels Desktop will not affect your virtual machines.

10. Dhruba@Parallels

Dhruba@Parallels

Hi BuckZor,
    You will have to re-install Windows in order to resolve the issue. Follow the steps suggested at, http://kb.parallels.com/4729

11. 1__

1__ Bit poster

Hi Dhruba,

This won't help - I can confirm that I had the same issues like the one buckZor and have done exactly what you suggested:

1) I tried to remove Parallels and re-installed it on Mac ---> doesn't work (Once VM upgraded to the Parallels tools and restart, it fails to boot up again!!)

2) Then I tried to create a new Windows 10 VM; once completed installation I then installed the Parallels tools - and then immediately after restart, it went into the blue screen

Lucky I had a snapshot of my VM before upgrading Parallels so currently I'm working on the snapshot version and only suspend my VM instead of shutting it down. It's very annoying, someone please fix asap.

12. Guys please try this KB
    Also please provide us with the Problem Report using this article and reply us back with PR 8-digit ID number

13. 1__

1__ Bit poster

Sorry BuckZor stole your topic :)

Hi Maria@Parallels, I've submitted a ticket for this:
    40078-60282
    NOTE: I used @mac.com email address which won't work... please replace @mac.com with @me.com if any email will be sent for this ticket. thanks.

Cheers.

14. @1___ could you provide me with ticket number please?
    Or your email which you used to submit support request?

15. 1__

1__ Bit poster

I guess I forgot to save the ticket number when it was generated... have send you private message for my email address.

Cheers.

16. RodR1

RodR1 Bit poster

Had same issue yesterday. Took steps in this post and still have same results. I'll watch thread for resolution.

Thanks Parallels Support Team

17. buckZor

buckZor Bit poster

So a Parallels update destroyed my virtual machine and all you can tell me is re-install windows to start over?!?! How do I know after going through this that this same update won't destroy my virtual machine again?

18. thorstent

thorstent Bit poster

same error here ... after update to new version and updated parallels tools

19. DavidV2

DavidV2 Bit poster

The exact same thing just happened to me this morning. I was using my Windows 10 installation, got a Parallels update notification. Shut down. Updated. Boom. Blue Screen on loading back up - exactly the same error message. I cannot recall if parallels tools installed first and then restarted to that error or if the error occurred immediately upon initial boot of the update, but either way it hosed my box.

Thankfully I didn't yet have anything but the base Win10 installation setup yet, so I deleted that VM and attempted to reinstall Win10. Unfortunately during the installation process I received the same exact error - so I can't even install Win 10 now.

If you're curious, my PRID is 70373685

20. PaulM2

PaulM2 Bit poster

And same error here :-(

Clicking on Enter or F8 has no effect at all...