How can I Deactivate Parallels Desktop 11 - moved to new machine

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by bobochen, Apr 21, 2017.

1. Bradley2

Bradley2 Bit poster

Excellent. all fixed!

2. We are glad to hear that. Feel free to reach out to us anytime.

3. Kuro

Kuro Bit poster

Hi, I'm getting the same problem with my 10.4 licence, "reached the maximum"... the thing is that I still have access to my old mac and I uninstalled the application from it, as you said previously, but I'm still facing the same error message on my new mac.
    Can you help me with my parallels product?

4. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi @Kuro, we have made few changes in the key settings. Please restart Parallels Desktop to reactivate with the same key. If the issue persists, please try the below steps to activate it: 1.Please navigate through Apple menu> Application> Terminal. 2. Execute this command : prlsrvctl activate-license-online

5. Kuro

Kuro Bit poster

Thank you very much, the command line perfectly worked

6. AJ@Parallels

AJ@Parallels

You are welcome, Please feel free to reach us any time for any queries regarding Parallels.

7. chenyj

chenyj Bit poster

Dear support. Same problem for me with Version 11. I try to reinstall parallels on my new mac and i get the message "Unable to confirm the product license: You have reached the maximum number of activations available". Could you please check what is wrong with my licence? Thanks!

8. Hi chenyj. We have reset the Parallels Desktop 11 for Mac license key. Please try to activate now and it should work.

9. chenyj

chenyj Bit poster

It works! Thank you very much!

10. You are welcome. Please post again for any additional queries.

11. mdsdsk16

mdsdsk16 Bit poster

12. Hemnath@Parallels

Hemnath@Parallels Parallels Support

13. mdsdsk16

mdsdsk16 Bit poster

I followed your instructions: quit Parallels, launch it and re-attempted to activate.

"Failed to activate the license: Unable to confirm the product license. You have reached the maximum number of activations available for your activation key."

14. AJ@Parallels

AJ@Parallels

Hello mdsdsk16, We have made the necessary changes for the Parallels Desktop license key. kindly try to activate it.

15. Cacti35

Cacti35 Bit poster

Hi Support, I have the same problem, I moved to a newer Mac (logic board failed on old one) and I can't activate my Parallels 11? Can you please reset it.
    Cheers, Jason.

16. Hemnath@Parallels

Hemnath@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi Jason. We have reset your license. Please check.

17. JohnS53

JohnS53 Bit poster

Dear Parallels Support. I safely erased and sold my MacBook Pro, now I got another Macbook but I receive the message: "Unable to confirm the product license: You have reached the maximum number of activations available" Please help me to reset my license.
    Thanks. John

18. JohnS53

JohnS53 Bit poster

Dear Parallels Support. I safely erased and sold my MacBook Pro, now I got another Macbook but I receive the message: "Unable to confirm the product license: You have reached the maximum number of activations available" Please help me to reset my license.
    Thanks. John

19. Hi JohnS53. We have made the necessary changes for the Parallels Desktop 11 for Mac license key. Please try to activate now and it should work.

20. Imie

Imie Bit poster

Please help me. I'm getting the same problem with my parallel 11 license, "reached the maximum" I uninstalled the application from from my old mac, but I'm still facing the same error message on my new mac.
    Can you help me with my parallels product?