Parallels 16 constantly suspending

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by CarlH2, Nov 8, 2020.

1. CarlH2

CarlH2 Junior Member

My Virtual machines are constantly suspending, I have tried completely reinstalling Windows but it still happens.

I get the error " A critical graphics error has occurred with Windows 10 Pro. The application that caused the crash will be terminated. Please send this report to help us solve the problem.

Technical Report error is 353974536.
    It occurs on every Virtual Machine, sometimes instant others after a while.
    I have a VM it occurs on the minute I launch Firefox and try to navigate to a webpage.

2. AndrijR

AndrijR Bit poster

I just installed Parallels 16 and I get the same problem. Windows 10 is constantly suspending, like every 3 minutes. I don't have this problem with Windows 7 VM.

3. Grega3

Grega3 Member

4. CarlH2

CarlH2 Junior Member

I found a solution to stop this, check it out on my Youtube:

AndyD7 likes this.
  5. Grega3

Grega3 Member

6. AndyD7

AndyD7 Bit poster

Thank you so much @CarlH2 for finding this solution! The constantly suspending problem in Windows 10 had been driving me nuts for the last 5 days! I thought it might be to do with graphics card settings but I couldn't find anywhere in Parallels 16 to change them. When I watched CarlH2's YouTube video and typed video.metal=0 in Boot flags: all the crashing and suspending magically disappeared - very happy! :)

7. JoeDawson

JoeDawson Junior Member

I am having the same issue... This only started for me since I jumped to Big Sur.

8. AndyD7

AndyD7 Bit poster

I found the suspending issue still remains in the latest Parallels update, version 16.1.1 (49141), unless you add video.metal=0 in Boot flags

9. KyleJ2

KyleJ2 Bit poster

Parallels 16.1.1-49141 here. Ditto on the jump to Big Sur....this never happened before.

Did the video.metal=0 fix...then the vm went into the chkdsk scan/repair. in my experience chkdsk does more harm than good and i verified it again after it froze and left the vm corrupt.

10. KyleJ2

KyleJ2 Bit poster

AndyD7 likes this.
  11. AndyD7

AndyD7 Bit poster

The suspending issue has been fixed with the latest version 16.1.2 - Very nice Christmas present! Thank you Parallels!! Parallels 16.1.2 .JPG

12. JoeH4

JoeH4 Bit poster

I have constant freezing of Parallels in version 16.1.2 running on Big Sur 11.1. It is completely unusable. I have tried the setting video.metal=0 which has no impact. It seems the single application I am working on will continue to work but mouse clicks on any other Windows app do nothing. It this point it happens within about 15 minutes of rebooting my VM. I have done full system restarts (shut down Windows, and reboot mac) numerous times with no success. I cannot do any work at this point. Don't know what you did, but you guys really screwed the pooch on this one

13. GregS24

GregS24 Bit poster

This issue is definitely NOT fixed. I have constant suspending issues when using my Windows 10 VM. It loves to suspend when I'm on a teams call.

santosm likes this.
  14. ZhenchengF

ZhenchengF Bit poster

I met ehe same problem with windows 10 and windows 11 on parallels 17