[RESOLVED] Parallels Desktop 17.1.1. resolved a USB devices connectivity issue

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Maria@Parallels, Nov 30, 2021.

?

USB connectivity issue

1. Resolved in Parallels Desktop 17.1.1.

2. Still have an issue

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. thirdbasejoe

thirdbasejoe Bit poster

Thanks for reply...
    Yes, I've tried v17.0.1 as well as the update. Neither work for the URC remotes... can you send a download link for the previous version with a trial period? Or better yet switch my license? Other wise I'll be patiently waiting, until then I can't use this for my work. I don't mean that to sound rude I do have another machine.

2. thirdbasejoe

thirdbasejoe Bit poster

UPDATE! It seems now to work! Intermittently, but with a reliable force fix. While vm is running, right click the Parallels logo in MacOS, select Devices, connect remote's USB cable, IF the URCHID option appears, click to make the check mark appear beside it. You'll get an alert Do you want to connect the USB device to the virtual machine? Click Yes even if its greyed out. It works! By the way this is in the 17.0.1 build.

3. NirI

NirI Bit poster

Hi,
    I've also have this version (latest 17.1.1) no matter what I've done, this doesn't work at all.
    also tried to edit the file: sudo nano /Library/Preferences/Parallels/dispatcher.desktop.xml
    to change <USB>0</USB> to <USB>1</USB>
    But it dosn't work.
    I can see the device in my devices, but nothing happens when I click on it. it has no check mark near it when I'm trying to select it nor I can't see it connected to my windows vm.

I've tried version 17.0.1 as sugested here, and I can confirm that it's working well.

4. AustinY2

AustinY2 Bit poster

Best Answer
    I've fixed the problem. Hope this works for you.
    First, you need to change <USB>0</USB> to <USB>1</USB>
    Second, goto System → Security&Privacy → Privacy → Full Disk Access → Add Parallels Desktop
    then restart the PD.

AmirF1 likes this.
  5. NirI1

NirI1 Bit poster

Thanks,
    but the problem still persists.. this is a no fix for me. followed your steps.
    Maybe there is a way to remove parallels completely ?
    Where are all the files and folder for parallels related? thanks

6. NirI

NirI Bit poster

Anyone?...

7. McallenT@P

McallenT@P Parallels Team

Hello, Please refer to this KB article: https://kb.parallels.com/6571 to create a support ticket and reply here with the ticket number, so that we can arrange call back / remote session to assist you further. Thanks, Parallels Team.

8. DavidI6

DavidI6 Bit poster

Since upgrading to 17.1.1 I can no longer connect mobile phones via USB to the Windows VM in order to share files or perform debugging. 17.0.1 was working. I also upgraded to Monterey -- am I still able to downgrade to get my functionality back, or am I forced onto 17.1 because of my OS version?

9. OlegV

OlegV Member

Add me to "not fixed" camp. Same here with 17.1.1 (51537). USB Serial adapter stopped working in 17.1.1 (worked flawlessly in 17.0.1). The USB serial device is there, detected OK by the Win10 VM. Device manager showing healthy active device, driver installed etc. However any client s/w attempting to communicate via serial port will fail due to i/o timeout. The serial comms are broken :(

10. HaseebS1

HaseebS1 Bit poster

Hi, what occurs for me is this, I have a SanDisk 1 TB USB Stick connected, and it is designed to be joined to the VM. Yet, at whatever point the VM is stopped/closure or some other regular activity happens, the drive is not generally associated with Windows. At times it doesn't show up anyplace, and once in a while it appears as an organization drive since it is currently joined to MacOS. In the menu bar, where one can add a check behind the connected usb gadget, the mark doesn't necessarily in all cases mirror what is happening. Generally what I do is I simply click the usb drive in the menu once, pause, in some cases two times of multiple times (continuously holding up a little) and sooner or later during that strategy it will re-join to Windows. It's anything but a major issue, however I recall this used to be better previously. It isn't fixed with 17.1.1 I think.
    I'm utilizing Windows 11 delivery adaptation, Big Sur most recent relase, and most recent Parallels, on M1 MB Air.

11. UweR7

UweR7 Bit poster

Just tested 17.1.4. There are still USB issues. 17.0.1 recognizes my Samsun/Android phone on any guest OS, 17.1.4 does not.

JoachimV likes this.
  12. HC_3

HC_3 Hunter

i would also be interested in this in general. who has any advice?
    other question: if i upgrade to monterey or ventura, can i install parallels desktop v16 or v17.0.1? (so that the usb connections work).

13. UweR7

UweR7 Bit poster

I'm running Parallels Desktop 17.0.1 on a MB M1 Max /w Monterey 12.4 and it works fine.

JoachimV and HC_3 like this.
  14. HC_3

HC_3 Hunter

good news with pd18: #9

(MacBook Pro 2019 Intel and a VM with Windows 10)

JoachimV likes this.
  15. UweR7

UweR7 Bit poster

Thanks @HC_3! Just tested 18.0 and can confirm it works with both Linux (Ubuntu, Kali) and Win11.

JoachimV and HC_3 like this.
  16. Gadingenamsembilan

Gadingenamsembilan Bit poster

https://www.4shared.com/account/home.jsp#dir=mr7MttIb

17. MatthiasE5

MatthiasE5 Hunter

18. MartinB37

MartinB37 Bit poster

Parallels Desktop 19 for Mac, Windows 11, Mac Monterey 12.7.1, Mac mini M1.
    USB drive attachment is still not working...
    Even though I can check the Parallels Devices to pick the USB it does not show up in Files Explorer. It does show as a Mac disk when Parallels is not running and I eject it prior to starting Parallels. I have been able to make this work on my intel based iMac with Parallels 14. I did apply the suggestion regarding adding Parallels desktop to Full Disk Access in Security.

MartinB37

19. MatthiasE5

MatthiasE5 Hunter

With an NTFS USB flash drive connected to Windows 11, even on Ventura and Parallels 19.1, I am experiencing issues. The VM will not finalize shutdown, or will not boot, unless I remove the drive. It's a regular SanDisk 1TB drive with no issues. I use Paragon NTFS. The issues are frequent, but not always occur.