USB interface communication issue.

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by GarrinC, Nov 19, 2021.

1. Gawied

Gawied Junior Member

I logged a ticket with Parallels regarding this issue and see below for their final response:

Our development team is working on fixing the issue with usb devices, since different devices require tests, we need more time to fix this issue.
    We recommend that you install Parallels Desktop 17.0.1:
    1. Uninstall Parallels Desktop 17.1.4 as described in the article: https://kb.parallels.com/en/124255
    2. Download and install Parallels Desktop 17.0.1 : https://download.parallels.com/desktop/v17/17.0.1-51482/ParallelsDesktop-17.0.1-51482.dmg
    Note: When running the Parallels Desktop 17.0.1 installer, you will be prompted to update to 17.1.4 (which is the latest one). Please close that window, and then click "No, use current" to proceed with installing version 17.0.1. Once installed, it should activate automatically, using the license associated with your Parallels account.
    As soon as the issue is fixed, we will get back to you.

At least they have acknowledged the issue and that they are working on a solution. Seems like we will have to wait for them to fix this issue.

HC_3 likes this.
  2. HC_3

HC_3 Hunter

3. HC_3

HC_3 Hunter

strange, the last has been posted without my text. unfortunately, do not know how I can delete it again ...

4. HC_3

HC_3 Hunter

at least they communicate poorly. it would help to know what this is related to and when the think they have it under control again.

as a paying customer, you get the impression that you are pretty much abandoned. what a pitty.

5. HC_3

HC_3 Hunter

is this good news or bad news (i mean: when nothing seems to be happening)?

haven't we been doing this for a very long time?

JustinT6 likes this.
  6. MartinS67

MartinS67 Bit poster

FYI, Also created a support ticket to underline the importance of this getting fixed!

7. Bhargava

Bhargava Bit poster

Hello Martin, please provide us with the support ticket number so that we can check this further. Thanks.

8. MartinS67

MartinS67 Bit poster

Hi,

The support ticket id is: #3579523. Hope it gets solved soon so a lot of others can also benefit...
    Thanks!

9. MartinS67

MartinS67 Bit poster

Support had the audacity to close the ticket. Have asked to reopen it with as reason:
    "In my view, the problem is not solved by 'downgrading' to a previous version.
    Please indicate a timeline on the approach to solve this issue. No need to pay maintenance and support fees if we can upgrade our licenses! "

JustinT6 likes this.
  10. MartinS67

MartinS67 Bit poster

Well, look at this....
    Not sure if version 18 is the solution for everyone, but in my case, I can connect my Debug Android 64 device once again!
    Just upgraded to version Version 18.0.0 (53049), connected my Android A70 and noticed it connected via ADB

Attached Files:

Denovich likes this.
  11. JustinT6

JustinT6 Bit poster

Perfect Martin, that's what I wanted resolved. Will try myself very soon.

12. MartinS67

MartinS67 Bit poster

That would be great Justin!
    I hope it is fixed in general and not only for a subset of Samsung phones. Looking forward to your experiences on this issue!

13. JustinT6

JustinT6 Bit poster

Can now confirm that release version 18 has fixes my issues. Android debugging with a Nokia Android phone working. With USB 3.1 setting on and off.

MarcoM16, Denovich and HC_3 like this.
  14. HC_3

HC_3 Hunter

who can tell something about this question? --> #7

15. HC_3

HC_3 Hunter

16. HC_3

HC_3 Hunter

good news with pd18: #9