copy from vscode

Discussion in 'Parallels Toolbox for Mac' started by AllenC7, Feb 25, 2024.

Tags:
  1. AllenC7

AllenC7 Bit poster

clipboard history doesn't show text when copying from vscode. it just shows "?". if i copy as plain text it does show the text correctly but i can not know what it is if i have several copied texts.

2. Adeboye Adeotan

Adeboye Adeotan Staff Member

Hello Allen,

To aid us in troubleshooting this further, please collect a technical report while the issue is being reproduced (click the Parallels icon > Help > Send technical data > check "Attach screenshots..." > press Send Report) and send the report's 9-digit ID in reply to this post.

Additionally, please provide us with some additional context on this issue.

Does this happen with all programming languages or a specific one?
    Could you please provide us with a sample repository wherein you have observed this issue?

3. AllenC7

AllenC7 Bit poster

I'm sorry but when I click on the parallels icon it just takes me to the web site to login. after login it does not persist the "Help" ??

Anyway, i have attached a screen shot of the issue. It seems as though this only happens in vscode, a pretty popular IDE. Sublime text does not show this issue, nor does chrome or firefox. I program in PHP using Laravel framework. Parallels as well as macOS is at the latest available versions.

Thx for your interest in this issue.

Allen

Attached Files:

4. Adeboye Adeotan

Hi Allen,

1. Please click on the Parallels icon displayed at the top right-hand corner of your screen. I have attached a screenshot to highlight this.
    upload_2024-2-27_13-27-21.png
    2. Click the Parallels icon > Help > Send technical data > check "Attach screenshots..." > press Send Report) and send the report's 9-digit ID in reply to this post.

Attached Files:

5. AllenC7

AllenC7 Bit poster

Technical Report 451810692
    FYI on my macbook pro when launching paralells desktop, I selected help->send Technical Data

6. Adeboye Adeotan

Hello Allen,

Thank you for the provided data.
    Please note that a new version of Parallels Toolbox has been released (6.6.2).

Kindly update your application by following the steps provided below:
    - Click the Parallels Toolbox icon (See screenshot) > Settings (Gear) icon > Check for updates
    upload_2024-2-29_18-17-28.png

Please collect an additional Technical report for our investigation. This time from the Toolbox application itself (see screenshot).
    - To do this, reproduce the issue and collect a technical report (click the Parallels Toolbox icon > Settings (Gear) icon > Help > Send technical data > check "Attach screenshots..." > press Send Report) and send the report's 9-digit ID in reply to this post.

7. Adeboye Adeotan

Hello Allen,

Indeed, it appears to require some more in-depth investigation so we have referred this issue to our Development Team.

As soon as we have an update regarding this issue, we will reach out to you.

8. AllenC7

AllenC7 Bit poster

Any update on this issue?

9. Adeboye Adeotan

Hi Allen,

Our Development Team is still working on this issue.

As soon as we have an update, we will provide one.