Stuart Miller
Member
Totally weird. After upgrading to Yosemite a couple of months ago - together with Parallels 10 - I would get sporadic system crashes on my MacBook Pro. They would occur periodically, usually once or twice a day; often when there was no apparent activity or app work being done. After several weeks of living with this, I detected the following common factors:
1 - the system does not crash if it is on mains power
2 - the system does not crash if Parallels is not open
3 - the system has not crashed if it was not in Coherence
4 - the system crashes only when Win7 VM is active, but not with any specific application open
5 - it is not possible to generate a crash, even with these conditions in place - the crash just happens without warning
When reviewing the Mac system logs, there was no indication of any activity or abnormal condition immediately before the crash. In fact, in most instances there were no console log entries for several minutes before the crash. I have not yet contacted Apple support, but wanted to know if any other Parallels users have experience anything similar before I do that? Incidentally, the system never crashed like this with Parallels 9/Mavericks/Win7.
1 - the system does not crash if it is on mains power
2 - the system does not crash if Parallels is not open
3 - the system has not crashed if it was not in Coherence
4 - the system crashes only when Win7 VM is active, but not with any specific application open
5 - it is not possible to generate a crash, even with these conditions in place - the crash just happens without warning
When reviewing the Mac system logs, there was no indication of any activity or abnormal condition immediately before the crash. In fact, in most instances there were no console log entries for several minutes before the crash. I have not yet contacted Apple support, but wanted to know if any other Parallels users have experience anything similar before I do that? Incidentally, the system never crashed like this with Parallels 9/Mavericks/Win7.