10.6.7 is ok with latest build of P6?

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by nikeitan, Mar 22, 2011.

1. nikeitan

nikeitan Member

above,
    thx.

2. Mr. C.

Mr. C. Member

Working for me.

3. lnemo

lnemo Hunter

Win 7 guest: No problems.
    Win XP guest: problems already existing since the 11992 build are tightening. Problems include randomly amoking system processes, programs not starting, programs terminating. New with the 10.6.7 OS X is freezing of the vm after the first RETURN keystroke. Problems seem to be correlated with the amount of virtual RAM. 1536 MB is the limit for me. Above the trouble starts.

4. lnemo

lnemo Hunter

Update to my above post:

There seems to be no relation between RAM and the problems. Freezing now comes frequently. Remedy is to kill whole Parallels application host-side and restart host system. The host machine hangs usually during this restart (desktop disappears, the standard blue background comes, the small wheel known from the system start turns and turns forever). Hard reset via hardware switch and then new startup.

Problems purely come with all PD 6 versions after 11828. I completely removed both Parallels tools from the VM and the Parallels application from the host and reverted back again to 11828. All problems are gone since then.

Weird that there still were no problems at all with the newer versions and a Win 7 vm. It's only XP.