13.1.1 Video artefacts on Windows Start bar under Dock (High Sierra)

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by salvomic, Oct 24, 2017.

1. salvomic

salvomic Hunter

hi,
    if Windows (here 10) is active (but in stop), using the Mac OS X High Sierra (with magnification effect) it generates some video artefacts (image of the Dock impressed) over the Windows Start bar. They disappear clicking over a black part of Start bar and the bar remain ok until Windows goes in stop again, then there will be again issues...
    Any workaround, please? It's very boring...

Salvo

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 24, 2017
  2. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi @salvomic, we released a new update Parallels Desktop 13 for Mac Update 1 Hotfix 1 (13.1.1-43120) and this update addresses this issue. To check for updates, click on the Parallels Desktop menu on Mac menu bar and select Check for Updates: http://kb.parallels.com/124262

3. salvomic

salvomic Hunter

Hi Chris, I believe it doesn't resolve at all, however. I'm using now just the
    Versione 13.1.1 (43120) and the artefacts still are there....
    Please, consider: I've no artefacts in the windows VM, but only in the Windows Start bar under the Mac OS X Dock only... Maybe it's another bug...

Please, help!
    Salvo M.

4. salvomic

salvomic Hunter

I'm doing some tries... Maybe the problem is generated when the Dock is to large and it go out of the screen (to left and to right) or when it (not expanded with "Genius" effect or other) is lesser the space in the right occupied by the Windows "Date and time and message icon" (see the attached image)... In this situation there are no artefacts, but if the Dock become again bigger the super impressed artefacts come out again...

Attached Files:

5. salvomic

salvomic Hunter

The problem seems to be related to the "put in stop Windows when possible" option in the Configuration of the VM: when disabled there are no "super impressions" over the Windows bar by the Dock, when it's on they appear again.

Attached Files:

6. salvomic

salvomic Hunter

Thank you for the update of today! However same issue is still present, with the new Version 13.2.0 (43213)!
    The only workaround is to keep disabled the option "put Windows in stop when possible" in the Configuration.
    I hope they could solve this bug and another very important (the keyboard not active with Edge and Cortana text field: only workaround to run - every time manually! - the canon.exe process...). Please, Kindly, help!

Last edited: Nov 20, 2017