2x App server doesn't works after updates

Discussion in 'Parallels Remote Application Server' started by mmc, Oct 14, 2009.

1. mmc

mmc Guest

Hello 2x

I have 1 win2003srv standard russian as domain member with 2x App server with demo licenseing (3 connections, no server printers etc.) and Mac OS X 10.5.7 with 2x AppClient.
    All of it worked fine until I had updated 2x App server.
    When I had updated it to 7.1 - I had got ful desktop such as full terminal connection instead of published app on client mashine.
    When I had updated it to 7.3 - it messages me following text:
    "Failed to resolve FullyQualifiedDN for user 'username' domain 'DOMAIN.NAME' (0x0000054b) Указанный домен не существует или к нему невозможно подключиться (The specified domain does not exist or it is impossible to be connected to it)".

Please tell me what happen and how I can fix it.

2. mmc

mmc Guest

here is logs:
    16:26:09 Logon user 'username' domain 'DOMAINNAME' successfully. (Connected from Client IP - N/A Gateway IP - 192.168.*.*)
    16:26:09 Failed to resolve FullyQualifiedDN for user 'username' domain 'DOMAINNAME' (0x0000054b) Указанный домен не существует или к нему невозможно подключиться.
    16:26:09 Application #23:EXCEL is available for user @ logged from client Mac.local ip 192.168.*.*
    16:26:09 Application #24:1cv8 is available for user @ logged from client Mac.local ip 192.168.*.*
    16:26:09 User username@DOMAINNAME, Client Mac.local, Address 192.168.*.* wants to open "#23" Application, Server :0 is available

the end

3. jurgencachia

jurgencachia Guest

Re: 2x App server don't works after updates

If you get this error "The specified domain either does not exist or could not be contacted." when you try to log on to your Terminal Server / Remote Desktop, it might be caused due AD for DNS issues. As a workaround, you can use the following steps to resolve this issue (or download the .REG here):

1. Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.

2. Locate the following registry subkey:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Terminal Server

3. Click Edit, point to New, and then click DWORD Value.

4. In the New Value #1 box, type IgnoreRegUserConfigErrors, and then press ENTER.

5. Right-click IgnoreRegUserConfigErrors, and then click Modify.

6. In the Value data box, type 1, click Decimal, and then click OK.

7. Quit Registry Editor.

(source http://support.microsoft.com/kb/902336)

4. mmc

mmc Guest

I get this error about DC only if I try to run publicated by 2x AppSRV application.
    When I connect to MS terminal by RDC - all ok, authorisation success, network folders accessible etc.
    Other servers in this domain are ok, users working correctly.

5. davidsaliba

davidsaliba Guest

Can you try with domain instead of fqdn e.g. company instead of company.local ?
    Try to use both the domain field and user@company format

Thanks

6. mmc

mmc Guest

Your method not helps, and log string :
    "16:26:09 Failed to resolve FullyQualifiedDN for user 'username' domain 'DOMAINNAME' etc."
    has been repeaded with 'username' instead of username@DOMAINNAME as I use.

7. davidsaliba

davidsaliba Guest

What version of the client and servers are you using ? include the build number
    like 7.3.724.

You did not Try updating to the latest client for MAC.
    http://www.2x.com/downloads/AppServer-L ... Client.dmg

The client should be at the latest version. So check it out.

8. mmc

mmc Guest

There are latest versions of server and client and all of Windows updates are installed before I had startet this list.

!!! 10 minutes ago i had downloaded 2x AppSRV 6.2ver, removed 7.3 and installed 6.2 and try to work. %)
    All are OK!!!
    "It works!" (c)

9. davidsaliba

davidsaliba Guest

Sorry can you clarify ?
    You are referring to the 6.2 application server right which build exactly?

10. mmc

mmc Guest

6.2 (Build 528)

11. davidsaliba

davidsaliba Guest

Can you test with ver 7.3.727 see if the issue is till there.
    Server and client.

Thanks

12. mmc

mmc Guest

3 days ago I had updated 2x AppServer on Win2003standard R2 and 2x App client for Mac OS X 10.5 to latest versions.
    Previous bugs are gone but old one returned - input switching between RU and EN keyboard working in some random apps and don't working in other. "Working" apps are different in each other connect to 2xAppServer. For example, now EN-RU switching working in Excel and WordPad but not working in MS DAX and Notepad :-/, during previous connection it working in MS Word and MS DAX and ignoring Excel.
    And another bug - enabling the access filtering by some LDAP objects (Users, Groups etc.) rejecting even accepted Users and Groups from any application.
    Please, repair EN-RU switching!
    To davidsaliba: Sorry, I forget about this tread. Now I testing latest versions - Client v. 7.3.768.0 and AppServer v. 7.3 build 768. All are OK excluding two described bugs.

13. davidsaliba

davidsaliba Guest

No LDAP bugs known.
    Only condition is you use MS Active directory.

Check your group policies and make sure there is no other group settings ( denys in some RBAC settings on the servers) that can interfere.

Even nested groups works well.

Thanks.

14. mmc

mmc Guest

We use Mac OS X Server with Open Directory for AAA, Open LDAP inside, but it not serious problem, I can cut access rights in other places.
    My main interest is stable EN-RU switching by "Command+Spase", "Ctrl+Shift", "Alt+Shift" or any other hotkeys in each application. I can't introduce 2x AppServer to our CIO as the best solution to app publishing without it.

15. mmc

mmc Guest

I had downloaded the last 2x Application server, it was announced 2-3 days ago, but described trouble not solved.
    EN-RU keyboard switching is perfect in Notepad but don't work in MS Word and Excel.