2xdevredir.exe high CPU on one server

Discussion in 'Parallels Remote Application Server' started by DanielS57, Jan 18, 2022.

1. DanielS57

DanielS57 Bit poster

I have one server that is having an issue where 2xdevredit uses about 25% for each user session on it. After 3 users are on that server, the CPU is pegged at 100%. I can kill the offending processes since most of the folks on that server don't print anything, but I'm about to add some folks to that machine that will need to print and I can't continually babysit it either. Anyone know a fix for this?

2. jpc

jpc Pro

• What are the OS version, RAS version, RAS client version in use? If it is not latest, does it happen for later versions?
    • What is the client OS, version in use? Are they the same of different? Different platforms/versions expose a printer's properties in different ways that might be causing an issue.
    • Does it still happen if all client-side printers are disabled? If it still happens, it is not a printing redirection fault but it could be a compatibility issue with some server-side software.
    • Did you check the logs for 2xdevredir in "%allusersprofile%\Parallels\RASLogs\UserLogs\devredir.log"? If there are no obvious errors, try enabling verbose logging.
    If nothing helps, contact support with relevant information (and as temporary ugly workaround, maybe try messing with RAS' CPU optimisation so that processes using 25% of the CPU are given lower a priority).