3.14 Kernel and .24229 Parallels Tools

Discussion in 'Linux Virtual Machine' started by Joel_R, Apr 30, 2014.

1. Joel_R

Joel_R Bit poster

Has anyone had any success getting Parallels Tools 9.0.24229 to work with a 3.14 kernel? I have tried it with the testing kernels presently in Fedora (with KDE) and Mageia (with vanilla Gnome) and it seems to install, with everything in place, but neither will boot into graphics mode. They do make it to single user text mode, and the same VMs boot and run fine when booting to graphic from the older 3.13 kernels that are still there.

2. Mark Fine

Mark Fine Pro

Nope. Just pulled it down today and something's busted (Fedora w/Gnome). Can't even switch to a text screen to figure out what's going on. Continuing to boot successfully into 3.13.10 for now.

3. danielmain

danielmain Bit poster

Any news about it? No video boot using current versions of ubuntu and fedora. Kernel used is 3.14.

4. Mark Fine

Mark Fine Pro

A couple of times I've gotten it to get past the boot part and almost into the login screen. The window changes size for it, but never gets to the graphic. Something is definitely locking up somewhere. Already on second 3.14 kernel update and will have to forgo any others before it pushes my only working 3.13 out of the list. Anyone have a clue what's really going on and how to fix it?

5. Mark Fine

Mark Fine Pro

Heh... disregard. It apparently no longer removes the kernel you're currently using, so it never gets rolled off the boot list. Yum added 3.14.4, but 3.14.2 was removed, not 3.13.10. Learn something new every day.

6. LeoLel

LeoLel Bit poster

Hi guys, any news about the Linux kernel 3.14 support? How to get it working?

7. Mark Fine

Mark Fine Pro

Latest update (9.0.24237 - released 8 Jul) now works with Linux kernel 3.14 as well as the most recent kernel (3.15.3-200).

8. LeoLel

LeoLel Bit poster

Yes, I can confirm that the new version works well now :)