3ds max 2012 issues

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by anycast, Sep 6, 2011.

1. serv

serv Forum Maven

2. serv

serv Forum Maven

Alex,

Thanks for sample, we can reproduce the issue now.
    From what we see right away, it reproduces in shaded view mode, but does not in realistic view. Enabling back face culling in 3ds also fixes it. Overall, the effect is a complex combination of the way you created right arm from the left one, enabled transparency, and internal object sorting in 3ds. We'll need some more time to pin down the cause.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2011
  3. anycast

anycast Junior Member

Thanks for these workarounds. I think the last build had this issue in the realistic view also. I tried it and then reverted back to shaded. I usually avoid realistic view because it's slower than shaded mode and in my case offers no benefits, but back face culling is a nice workaround (how on earth did you think of that?)

4. serv

serv Forum Maven

Alex,

We have reproduced this problem on a PC. Moreover, it turns out 3ds SP0 worked flawlessly, it's SP2 that brought the problem. Now I doubt this is Parallels bug, have you checked with Autodesk support?

5. anycast

anycast Junior Member

Hi,

Now that's a surprise. I can't be quite sure of when this appeared, but I was under the impression that I didn't have these problems in Parallels 6. But perhaps it was the latest 3ds SP.

I'm currently on a tight schedule for a product release so I can't setup a machine to test in Windows, but as soon as I can I'll get back to you (and to Autodesk if needed).

Thanks for your effort,
    Alex

6. WassimJ

WassimJ Bit poster

Realistic/Shaded Video glitch in 3DS Max 2012

Hello,

I am having a video glitch (like a broken T.V. pattern) in the Realistic and shaded views in 3ds Max Design 2012 x64 (Release 14) with Nitrous driver (Direct3d 9.0 - Parallels Display Adapter (WDDM)) Parallels 7 (latest).

Please see the attached screen shot.

Attached Files: