4.0 Build 3540 still not working for me

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by LeMerlot, Nov 22, 2008.

1. estrelnikov

estrelnikov Parallels Team

Try changing type of Windows hdd: click Configure -> Hard Disk 1 -> check Show advanced settings box -> change Interface (IDE <-> SCSI)

2. LeMerlot

LeMerlot Bit poster

So far I've never got any info about a solution for the BSOD "7B" issue. I downgraded to PD v3 again and will stick to it until the majority of the PD v4 reviews will be positive.

jmg

3. Anna Pichueva

Anna Pichueva Parallels Team

4. jiggajoe

jiggajoe Bit poster

I checked the microsoft solution but none of the conditions apply for me.
    I'm able to login in version 3 and also directly through bootcamp.

~J

5. jiggajoe

jiggajoe Bit poster

I checked the microsoft solution but none of the conditions apply for me.
    I'm able to login in version 3 and also directly through bootcamp.

~J

6. Yeolegood

Yeolegood Member

7. jiggajoe

jiggajoe Bit poster

I don't see SCSI as one of the options in the dropdown box so I'm unable to switch from IDE to SCSI. Is there a workaround?

8. jiggajoe

jiggajoe Bit poster

Followed the instructions here and it didn't help either.

9. LeMerlot

LeMerlot Bit poster

Hmm, it's now 13 weeks (!!) since posting my problem in upgrading to PD4 (see this thread) and sending in all the infos to Parallels - and still even with version 3810 haven't been able to use PD4. Still the old BSOD 07B when trying to install the upgrade. And yes I read the according Microsoft document but it didn't fit.

@ John@Parallels: Any ideas? Could you please look into the documents I sent to STim from Parallels which unfortunately never had a follow up?

Or should I simply give up the idea in upgrading to PD4?

10. fso

fso Member

Same issue for me from day 1

I am having exactly the same 7B issue on start up of the VM. No problem under native bootcamp.

I logged a ticket couple of weeks ago and some technician has actually logged on to my machine to investigate. They said they will get back to me. A month later, still no answer.

Sounds that there are quote a few users experiencing the same problem.

Parallels, this is now a common problem happening to quite a few users. Please fix ASAP.