4.0 Installation HALL.DLL and then unable to connect to Hard Disk 1

John Miles

Junior Member
Just purchased the upgrade.
V4.0 started to convert my old VM (XP SP3) and then got to the win boot screen but failed with HALL.DLL missing or corrupt. V4 Configure doesn't seem to have the Clear button in advanced configurre Hard Disk 1.
Anyway restarted Mac and then v4 conversion on win start said 'unable to connect to Hard Disk 1'. Maybe I changed something trying to Clear the HAL problem.
Should I try to repair windows next?
Thanks,
John
 
Certainly did.
After a few more restarts I am back to the first error.
When parallels VM update goes into manual mode DOS error ' hall.dll is missing or corrupt' comes and and windows cannot start.
There are some knowledge articles for V3 on this but not for V4 and I cant see how to run the v3 fix (Clear Button in Config) in V4 Config.
??
J
 
OK, and this will be fine even though the v4 manual update didn't complete cos windows never started up?

I can't remember the SP level of my windows, will this matter when I repair. I think my install disk is SP2 but I may have been on XP SP3 in the VM.
J
 
I don't have an answer, but want to confirm that I am getting the same "can not connect to hard disk 1" for Boot Camp almost immediately after the first time I shut down the machine. I have restarted the Mac, have verified the Boot Camp partition will boot properly, etc...

Should have waited I guess.
 
in Configuration Editor for VM remove Hard
DIsk 1, and add Hard disk, pointing to Boot Camp, make sure it is the
same disk as shown in System Profiler -Serial-ATA- and disk name (check
Model string) as FUJITSU MHV2080BH or another which applicable where Boot Camp is located
 
Thanks, I tried that, but when I tried to start the VM it failed. I went to the hard disk pref, changed from boot camp to image and back, and that seems to have fixed it. Will also post in other thread.
 
Back
Top