Ability to Change USB Device Name...

JoelCYYZ

Member
When I connect my iPhone 11 to my MacBook it names the device "Apple iPhone #8". I would like to have the ability to change the "Apple iPhone #8" to either "Apple iPhone" (as I only own one iPhone) or "Apple iPhone 11" (the model I own).

I had hoped that I would be able to do so through Preference --> Devices but it does not allow me to change the device name.

I have contacted Parallels Support who advised me this was not possible per the following response:

Hello Joel,
Thank you for your reply.
Please note the device name is allocated by system default and the option cannot be changed/edited.
By default the operating system will allocate the name we cannot change it.
Please let me know if you have any additional questions.
We appreciate your time and consideration.

Thanks,
--

Raja Mohammed
​
I ask that Parallels please add this functionality as I -- and likely others -- would find it very functional and helpful.

Thank you.
 
I am still trying to solve this problem...to assist in understanding it better please see the uploaded images which demonstrate / highlight the problem..

I would appreciate one or more people letting me know whether they are experiencing the same issue (in which case this is a design flow / oversight in parallels) or whether they are not experiencing the same issue (in which case there is a bug with my installation).

Thanks.
 

Attachments

Back
Top