Access won't login, browser cannot connect to access.parallels.com

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration' started by Glhiii, Mar 24, 2014.

1. Glhiii

Glhiii Bit poster

I'm having a very strange problem. I have 2 computers (Mavericks 10.9.2) that work fine with Access, but on one I cannot login -- it says I don't have an internet connection (which I do). When I try to go to access.parallels.com in a browser on that computer, it says there is no such server, while the other computers (and my iPad) have no problem. I've tried everything I can think of: 1. reinstall Mavericks; 2. connect through ethernet; 3. use three different browsers; 4. reset DNS cache and internet connection (network); 5. delete all cookies. Even when I log on the problematic Mac as another user, it does not connect. BUT it works fine when I connect through Windows 8 running in Parallels Desktop. Does anyone know what is going on? There are no other websites or programs I use that have this problem. I do not use a firewall.

2. Glhiii

Glhiii Bit poster

Solved

It turns out that private/etc/hosts listed the Parallel Access urls and that made the browser and app switch back to local. Deleted the urls from hosts and everything works now.

3. Ram@Parallels

Ram@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi Glhiii

It's great to hear that your issue has been resolved and thank you for sharing it with us.

Feel free to get back to us if you need any assistance.

4. AshleyP1

AshleyP1 Bit poster

I had the same problem. How did you fix this problem?

5. MichaelB81

MichaelB81 Bit poster

I am also having the same problem. Is there a fix? I tried looking in hosts but did not see anything.

6. Hello, did you check this KB article?
    Please let us know if it's not that case.

7. MichaelB81

MichaelB81 Bit poster

Hi Maria,
    None of those really worked. After extensive search, I found that strange ports were being made on my router. I found some posts from 2013 indicating this was from Access. The only way I could this fixed, many other random websites were blocked besides Parallels, was to uninstall Access, then wipe the ports. If I just wiped the ports without uninstalling Access, they would come back.
    Thank you for your time.