Accessing Android phone via Parallels Access

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration' started by GjorgiV, Jul 26, 2016.

1. GjorgiV

GjorgiV Member

So I have the following 3 devices that I'd like to access via Parallels Access:
    - MacBook
    - Windows 7 laptop
    - Android phone
    Parallels Access is installed on all three, I can access MacBook from Win 7 and vice versa, I can access Windows 7 from Android Phone but not the other way around.
    I am properly logged in on all 3 devices, yet Android phone is not showing up on the list of available devices to connect to. Am I to access only from the phone to other devices but not the other way around? How would I access my phone from my MacBook?

2. Dhana@Parallels

Dhana@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi GjorgiV,
    Parallels Access is designed to provide remote access to computers either from a mobile/tablet device or from another computer in cases where computers cannot be carried while travelling.
    Necessities for accessing mobile or tablet devices remotely are quite uncommon, so it was not included as a feature yet. However we will forward your post to the concern department as a feature request & it may be implemented in future versions of Parallels Access. Please subscribe to Parallels newsletter by following this link to receive email notifications on product updates, new version releases and promotions.
    Thanks, Dhana.

3. GjorgiV

GjorgiV Member

Thank you for the detailed response Dhana, I guess it was my misunderstanding of what Parallels Access for mobile does rather than an actual need to connect remotely to my mobile device via my MacBook.
    But I wonder what would that novelty bring in terms of new functionality.

4. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

Hi GjorgiV,

Glad you have understood how Parallels Access works. If you have any questions, feel free to reach out.

Thanks,
    Ajith M.

5. GjorgiV

GjorgiV Member

I recently ran into the need to access an elder relative's Android phone remotely and configure few things in her settings. So, it's definitely a feature worth having, remotely access and control smartphones.

6. Dinesh@Parallels

Dinesh@Parallels Guest

Hello Gjorgiv,
    Thank you for sharing your concern. We will share your feedback with the development team.