Accessing NVIDIA Titan X in Parallels

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by JackT2, Oct 31, 2017.

1. JackT2

JackT2 Bit poster

I have a 12 core Mac with an internal NVIDIA Titan X GPU and I am running Parallels with Windows 10 installed. I cannot see how to access my internal graphics card. I've been reading the knowledge base and the forums and it seems like it should be available by default. I've seen articles for installing Parallels Tools, which I've done but when I go to Windows configuration under graphics all I see is some sort of virtual layer under advanced settings for 3D acceleration which is Direct X10. I am trying to run Autodesk's Recap which requires OpenGL support. I have tried running the NVIDIA driver for my Titan navigating to the NVIDIA driver download site but I receive an error during install as it cannot find the Titan X hardware. I've done about all the reading I can and now am appealing to someone for assistance as I really do not know how to achieve this. Thank you very much in advance for anyone who can assist me.

Jack Tunnicliffe
    Java Post Production

2. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @JackT2 , the application Autodesk's Recap needs Open GL 3.1 which is not supported by Parallels Desktop 13 for Mac. However, you can drop your feedback here.

3. JackT2

JackT2 Bit poster

Thanks for the response on this. Parallels was god enough to refund me my money. I was able to get AutoDesk Recap to operate using Bootcamp on Mac. I really like Parallels. Too bad it can't directly access the GPU.