Accessing VM on external drive via a Host Mac's Web Browser different to the Mac that created the VM

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by AshleyH3, Feb 3, 2020.

1. AshleyH3

AshleyH3 Bit poster

Hi all,

I've got a Mac at home and two Macs at work all running Parallels.
    If I create a Windows Server 2016 VM I can access the web application via the Host Mac's Web Browser (Both Safari and Chrome) using both the VM's Name/DNS that Parallels automatically adds to the Mac's Host File and also it's IP address.

However if I copy the VM to an External SSD or onto another Mac my web browser can't resolve either the IP or the VM's Name/DNS even though I can see Parallels is adding the entry to the other Mac's host file.

Any thoughts on what I could do? I've tried changing the VM's MAC address (Even though that shouldn't cause an issue as the machines are on different networks in completely different locations) and also tried disabling things like Windows and Mac firewalls.

Thanks,
    Ash

2. AshleyH3

AshleyH3 Bit poster

It's also worth mentioning that the copied VM on the external drive can be accessed via the Host Mac's Web Browser fine. Just not any other Mac when connected and mounted as a VM.

3. AshleyH3

AshleyH3 Bit poster

Last thing to add I missed out, I have Shared Network set on the VM on both computers.