Account picture error

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by salvomic, Jun 10, 2017.

1. salvomic

salvomic Hunter

hi all, a fresh installation for Windows 10 (but also an old 8.1).
    I cannot change profile account picture (both Live and local account), I get always "Account picture error" (in Italian: "Errore immagine account").
    I tried a few suggested methods but no luck.
    I'm using Mac OS X Sierra 10.12.5, Parallels Desktop 12.2, updated in a MacBook Pro, 16 MB RAM...

Any help, please?

Salvo

Attached Files:

2. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi @salvomic, please upload the error screenshot and paste it into your reply for better assistance to your issue. Meanwhile, navigate to C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\User Account Pictures. Now here you'll see user and guest pictures. Replace them with the image you want to fix as user account picture. Make sure you use the same format and size of those pictures. Reboot and your desired image will be set as user account picture.
    If the issue persists, please check out this article to fix it.

3. salvomic

salvomic Hunter

thank you, the screenshot was uploaded already in my previous post, however if you want I can upload it again... ok, your hint is good, but not so immediate as the "change at a click" on "Control Panel / User preference" desired method... I'll try.

4. salvomic

salvomic Hunter

After some tries, I think it could be an issue with permissions (Mac or Windows site)...

5. Swati@Parallels

Swati@Parallels

Could you please check whether the Windows 10 is activated or not (Go to Settings --> Update and security --> Activation)? If not, please activate it and check if that fixes the issue.

6. salvomic

salvomic Hunter

yes, Swati, it's activated.

7. annar

annar Bit poster

I was also facing the same error issue! I just re activate my windows

8. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi @salvomic, you're welcome! Feel free to reach out anytime. We are here to help!

9. salvomic

salvomic Hunter

thank you Chris!
    However the issue persists still in Parallels 13...

Salvo