"Activate Parallels Desktop" dialog box problems. Have OS X Version 10.9.1 Mavericks.

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Tommythree, Feb 23, 2014.

1. Tommythree

Tommythree Bit poster

I was able to register Parallels 9 successfully. But when I entered my activation key in the"Activate Parallels Desktop" (APD) dialog box I noticed that the dashes that were automatically placed for me were in a different position than the ones shown on my "Product Activation Key" card. Then I noticed the "Activate" key was suppressed. Only two other choices were available: "Buy" and "Get trial". "Buy" tried to sell me the software I already had and was trying to install. In the meantime I got an email form Parallels saying "my new Parallels account has been successfully activated". But I was confused as to how that could have happened if I couldn't enter my activation key. And I could not close the APD box; it only allowed me to diminish it. So I closed Parallels. The APD box disappeared. When I reopened Parallels the APD box reopened; I reentered the activation code and the same problems happened: dashes in different places, "Activate" button suppressed, and I only am allowed to diminish the APD box, not close it. So does anybody know what's going on here? Is my Parallels account really activated? How do I close my APD box? Should I try to install MS Windows Pro 8.1. Any suggestions? Help!! Thanks!!!

2. Manojkumar@Parallels

Manojkumar@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi Tommythree,

We have sent you a private message, please check it.

Thanks,
    Manoj

3. Tommythree

Tommythree Bit poster

Read private message

Thanks for your quick response!! I apologize for my stupid mistake! Once I typed in the correct code I was able to complete the installation of Parallels 9 without further delay and then install successfully Windows 8.1 Pro without any problems! So far so good! This weekend I'll install MS Office 2013 hopefully too without problems!