I purchased Parallels Desktop 3.0 several months ago but did not try to install it until last night due to health problems.
First I discovered the box does not contain the installation disk. A FAQ on the Parallels site offers a form to rectify this problem. I downloaded the copy of Parallels as a disk image, but the activation code included in the email causes the following error message:
The activation key cannot be used with the current version of the Parallels Desktop!
A search of the Parallels website shows that this has been a common problem. Phone calls to the company were unhelpful. I have an open ticket, but no one is doing anything with it.
All I want is an activation code that works with Parallels 3.0. How do I get one without buying the program again (I've already paid for it once) or paying around $30 for phone support?
The letters and numerals have been typed into the activation key field correctly (no letter o instead of zero or letter L instead of the number one).
First I discovered the box does not contain the installation disk. A FAQ on the Parallels site offers a form to rectify this problem. I downloaded the copy of Parallels as a disk image, but the activation code included in the email causes the following error message:
The activation key cannot be used with the current version of the Parallels Desktop!
A search of the Parallels website shows that this has been a common problem. Phone calls to the company were unhelpful. I have an open ticket, but no one is doing anything with it.
All I want is an activation code that works with Parallels 3.0. How do I get one without buying the program again (I've already paid for it once) or paying around $30 for phone support?
The letters and numerals have been typed into the activation key field correctly (no letter o instead of zero or letter L instead of the number one).