Add FreeBSD as an option in the list of manual create VM

computeronix

Junior Member
When selecting a list of manually creating a VM from an ISO, could you add FreeBSD as an option in that list rather than having to select "Other Linux"?

One item in the config that needs to be adjusted behind the scenes in the default config upon creation is to use the Parallels Video file (Type 0) rather than use the VirtIO GPU .

This article discusses this setting: https://kb.parallels.com/en/124743

Here is the community item discussing the change and how FreeBSD works in Parallels:
https://forums.freebsd.org/threads/...silicon-freebsd-14-stuck-on-virtio_gpu.96762/
 
I'm about to install a FreeBSD 14.3 VM under Parallels but I'm disappointed that FreeBSD is not under the option list of possible OSs. When I search through the web I find references to FreeBSD installation under macOS (10), where FreeBSD explicitly was an option under he installable OSs. Why did Paralles drop FreeBSD?

And how do I install FreeBSD under Parallels 18.3.3? Dropping the disc1 ISO images says there is no OS recognized.
 
Please add FreeBSD as an option and fix the issues requiring one to edit the config.pvs file manually.
I managed to get FreeBSD 15.1 running on Apple M4 Pro with Gnome and X11.
How much effort will it take to port the Parallels Tools to FreeBSD?
 
Back
Top