Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hi @DavidA49, would you please update to the latest Parallels Desktop version (17.0.0, or 1.7.0 for App Store) and check this aspect one more time? Please note that you need to update Parallels Tools in Windows. We have reworked our display driver that no provides better synchronization with the Mac display and not limited to 60Hz anymore.On Windows HDR support is not supported with parallels vu
even with 17.0.1 hdr does not work on windows 11Hi @DavidA49, would you please update to the latest Parallels Desktop version (17.0.0, or 1.7.0 for App Store) and check this aspect one more time? Please note that you need to update Parallels Tools in Windows. We have reworked our display driver that no provides better synchronization with the Mac display, not limited to 60Hz and should enable HDR support.

Hi @MatthewT9, do I understand correctly that you want to play some Unity-based Windows games that have HDR support? Currently, HDR is not supported in Parallels Desktop.it happens with windows 10 too, HDR just does not work now.
I however can't say anything about 120FPS support as my screen is 60FPS, but I can confirm that settings says no HDR, and my HDR retraced unity app does not look the same without it
View attachment 18638
no proof on my non-unity games, thats why I use a VM in the first place.
here's the full version of the image in case it becomes vintage or you need true proof:
View attachment 18638
your previous statement in this thread says that the new version should have HDRHi @MatthewT9, do I understand correctly that you want to play some Unity-based Windows games that have HDR support? Currently, HDR is not supported in Parallels Desktop.
As for the display refresh rate, starting Parallels Desktop 17, the refresh rate is not limited to 60Hz anymore, Windows will sync with the real display refresh rate, be it 75, 120, 144Hz.
No support for HDR, please accept my apologies for the disinformation.your previous statement in this thread says that the new version should have HDR
so does it support it or not ?
Any ETA for the HDR support?No support for HDR, please accept my apologies for the disinformation.
hi @OgulcanB ,For built-in and external displays HDR support
Hey @blackxfiied, thanks a lot for your feedback. May I wonder how you would use HDR support in Windows VM? This will help us better understand the use case and potentially prioritize the development.Hello, this is just a follow-up from two years later on an ETA for HDR support
I'm currently on Parallels Desktop 19.3.0 (54924)
with still no HDR support on my MacBook Pro (14", 2021). This would be an amazing feature for Parallels Desktop 20, or even a later version of parallels desktop 19.
Hey @blackxfiied, thanks a lot for your feedback. May I wonder how you would use HDR support in Windows VM? This will help us better understand the use case and potentially prioritize the development.
Thanks, @BallO. Would you please elaborate on the situation of "the VM has internet and the Mac doesn't"? Why is that happening?Here's one: since you can't share internet in reverse (if the VM has internet and the Mac doesn't) you can't currently watch HDR content.
I am a paid Parallels user on a MacBook M1, who needs access to HDR.Hey @blackxfiied, thanks a lot for your feedback. May I wonder how you would use HDR support in Windows VM? This will help us better understand the use case and potentially prioritize the development.
I am a paid Parallels user on a MacBook M1, who needs access to HDR.Hey @blackxfiied, thanks a lot for your feedback. May I wonder how you would use HDR support in Windows VM? This will help us better understand the use case and potentially prioritize the development.
Thanks, @BallO. Would you please elaborate on the situation of "the VM has internet and the Mac doesn't"? Why is that happening?