ADDED: Touch ID login in Windows

Hi saf,

I see using TouchID to log in to Windows VM looks cool, but isn't it more effective to use autologin in Windows and do not spend time on the login at all?

If you need to keep Windows asking you for the login, can you please elaborate more on why you have to? The implementation details highly depend on this.

--
Hemnath Prabagaran wrote a blog post on enabling an auto-login in Windows http://blog.parallels.com/2017/07/11/windows-auto-login/
 
Hi Alev,
It is not just being cool, it is a very useful requirement.
For example, when I'm working in Windows and then I lock the screen when I go away and when I come back, it will ask me for a password. It's much better to have the Touch ID login (just as in Mac OS).
The autologin feature is a security hazard. Of course I want protection for my computer. I just want it via touch ID and not password.
 
For example, when I'm working in Windows and then I lock the screen when I go away and when I come back, it will ask me for a password. It's much better to have the Touch ID login (just as in Mac OS).
So you lock Windows, but not Mac, right? So somebody else without Touch ID access can use the Mac while you are away?
 
While that may be true, my main concern is for me to login to Windows quickly with the touch ID
I work mostly in Windows
 
I would like the Touch ID login/unlock as well as opposed to auto-log in. For me it just is more an additional protection to make sure we are in compliance to regulations and our clients. Beyond that, on a domained machine other accounts can log in, if they are an administrator they can provide access to the files and then everything looks like it is done by me (as the auto login would allow them to log in as me). With that being a possibility, it makes it not compliant to regulations like FINRA and HIPAA.
 
what if macbooks equiped by Face ID technology in next year ? which app should we use for login windows 10 via face id ?
 
How about you implement Touch ID within windows because your customer base wants it and shouldn't, as your source of revenue, have to rationalize it for you?
 
  • Like
Reactions: hux
Can everybody in this group please help by voting this feature up? Now the MacBook Air 2018 also has Touch ID, this feature is even more sought after.
 
Hi saf,

I see using TouchID to log in to Windows VM looks cool, but isn't it more effective to use autologin in Windows and do not spend time on the login at all?

If you need to keep Windows asking you for the login, can you please elaborate more on why you have to? The implementation details highly depend on this.

--
Hemnath Prabagaran wrote a blog post on enabling an auto-login in Windows http://blog.parallels.com/2017/07/11/windows-auto-login/

This is not an option when the user account is from an enterprise domain, and not stored locally. Besides if my windows image is stored in an external SSD, and falls into the wrong hands, I don't want anyone who just happen to boot the image, to be auto logged in.

There are other benefits in having TouchID be shown as a fingerprint reader in Windows, such as integration with third party applications that implement authentication/signing with fingerprint readers.

Please implement this.
Thanks
 
Agreed with the above poster. Enterprise domains do not permit autologin, so I'm left to input my password regularly. Please support TouchID authentication!
 
I agree, I use windows for corporate purposes and the touch id would be more practical to log in instead of entering the password
 
I also can think of multiple reasons to lock Windows and not the Mac or have them lock and unlock independently. Any update on when this will be implemented? Alev are you still there?
 
I like the idea of using the TouchID as Windows logon also, because I use a company-managed Windows VM that is forcing to have a protected login.
 
How is the status about this feature?
My company is using windows with domain users. The password is 15 characters long and they use "lock after 5 minutes of inactivity" - then I always have to reenter the password. TouchID would be really helpful.
 
  • Like
Reactions: hux
Yes, would be very helpful and time saving.
I would also suggest an option to auto-login without Touch-ID, if you have access to your Mac, you have access to the VM.
 
Back
Top