I am trying to recover from a hard drive catastrophic failure.
There were problems with the Time Machine backups, so doing a conventional restore from Time Machine is not an option.
On the old hard drive, we were running Mac OS 10.8.x (Mountain Lion), Parallels 9, and Windows XP. That is what the last [semi] good Time Machine has.
The new hard drive was loaded with Mavericks. Then Parallels 9 and Windows 8.1 were installed. My data from the old VM is not currently there.
If I copy the Shared folder from the Time Machine Backup to the Shared folder of the new live system, I will be copying the Windows XP.pvm that is located in the Parallels folder.
Will that bring back my data?
Please, anyone, Please!?
Thanks.
There were problems with the Time Machine backups, so doing a conventional restore from Time Machine is not an option.
On the old hard drive, we were running Mac OS 10.8.x (Mountain Lion), Parallels 9, and Windows XP. That is what the last [semi] good Time Machine has.
The new hard drive was loaded with Mavericks. Then Parallels 9 and Windows 8.1 were installed. My data from the old VM is not currently there.
If I copy the Shared folder from the Time Machine Backup to the Shared folder of the new live system, I will be copying the Windows XP.pvm that is located in the Parallels folder.
Will that bring back my data?
Please, anyone, Please!?
Thanks.