P
Parallels User
I've read a bunch of threads here, but haven't seen exactly this problem and though someone might have an idea.
First ... I successfully upgraded to Win 10 (still on Parallels 10) and ran it for several weeks with no major issues.
First ... I successfully upgraded to Win 10 (still on Parallels 10) and ran it for several weeks with no major issues.
- Just bought and installed Parallels 11 (the Pro version).
- Everything went smoothly and used the Win 10 VM just fine for a few days.
- Today, it popped up and said it needed to install Parallel Tools and proceeded to do so.
- Parallel Tools installed successfully and then it needed a RESTART
- Win 10 shut down fine and then starts to restart.
- Ends up just hanging in the boot screen (see attached JPG)
- Activity Monitor shows Windows 10 (my VM) using 100+ CPU and it's been running for a long time but nothing happens
- I see ReportCrash show up in Activity Monitor ... run for a bit, go away, then come back ... kind of leading me to believe something is in a loop of crashing or something?
- After fiddling for a LONG time, I can rollback a few snapshots to before the Parallels Tools installs and get Win 10 to come up successfully (and it immediately wants to install Parallel Tools again).