After installing Windows 10 parallels VM... Can't install Mac programs any more

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Coriton, Mar 26, 2016.

1. Coriton

Coriton Bit poster

Hello, I've an El Capitain OSX environment, and parallels 11 installed on it. I have a first VM with XP pro environment. I recently created another VM with Windows 10 environment. But... Since that, when I want to install a mac program, .dmg, Windows 10 installation takes the Hand, and starts, searching for windows 10.iso. I can do nothing else. Can anyone solve my question? Thanks

2. Dhruba@Parallels

Dhruba@Parallels

Hi Coriton, is Windows 10 already installed as a virtual machine? If yes, isolate the Windows from Mac and then try to install the application. Refer to this article.

3. Coriton

Coriton Bit poster

Hello, Thank You for your reply. T've tried to isolate both Windows Virtual Machines. It didn't match, the window of installing windows 10 still appears, despite the fact that the windows 10 environment has already been installed and works on a virtual machine. I Still can't install any Mac program any more.Cordialement, Jac

4. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Dear Coriton, could you please share a screenshot of the error message while trying to install Mac Programs on your Mac, so that we could help!

5. Coriton

Coriton Bit poster

Hello,
    Parallels 11 is trying to create a new virtual machine, has asked me to enter my password to do so. And now, asks for a windows 10 .iso
    Thank you for your help.

Capture d’écran 2016-04-08 à 21.27.31.png

6. Coriton

Coriton Bit poster

Has any one an answer? Thank you for help...
    Jac

7. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Dear all, we're currently working on it with our Development. Unfortunately we do not have ETA for the fix, it has been prioritized appropriately.

8. Coriton

Coriton Bit poster

Solved... Thank for your help...
    When creating the Windows 10 machine and installing windows 10 environment, I probably mark or quote specification that the image .iso, or, for mac .dmg would be opend as default by: Parallels prgrm, instead of by: Image disk Mounter which is necessary for .dmg programs...

Correct it by

Right click on any .dmg file then, read Proprieties, then "Open with"... Image Disk Mounter by default
    Thanks...

9. Sasti@Parallels

Sasti@Parallels Parallels Support

Hello Coriton,
    Thank you for sharing the solution with us. Feel free to get back to us any time.