After startup Networks fails for 5 minutes

IanES

Bit poster
When I start Parallels on my MacBook (GuestOS is WindowsXP SP2 or SP3) the network works for around 1 minute but then stops working for 5 minutes. It then starts again and continues for the rest of the session.

The network in MacOS keeps working - just in the guest OS it fails for 5 minutes shortly after starting the GuestOS.

I have exactly the same configuration on my iMac but that works just fine, same house, same network, same software versions etc.

Anyone have any ideas ?

Thanks
Ian
 
Thanks.

Are you suggesting that the firewall is causing the problem ?

If it was a firewall problem why does the network always fail around one minute after startup and then come back on after around 5 minutes without me doing anything. After 5 minutes the network starts working and continues to work error free.

Or are you suggesting that the GuestOS is infected with some spyware/virus/trojan or whatever ? No, that's not it.

I forgot to say that this happened from the very first time the GuestOS was installed so it's not as if the problem happened some time after the install.
 
Last edited:
Could you please create a support ticket and tell me its number? Or send me please your mail address via forum private message. I'd want to ask you to make some simple tests.
 
Back
Top