After update of Parallels, I cannot create new VMs

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by ArnoW1, Mar 10, 2019.

1. ArnoW1

ArnoW1 Bit poster

Hi,

Since the last update of my parallels installation 14.1.2 (45479) I cannot create new VMs.
    After clicking the + in the control center, I only get a blank window.
    See attached screenshot.
    Please help!

Arno

Attached Files:

2. AJ@Parallels

AJ@Parallels

Hello ArnoW1, This issue is under investigation by Parallels Development team. meanwhile kindly try this steps.
    1) Open Terminal (Spotlight Search > Terminal) and make certain the Parallels Desktop app is closed (Parallels Desktop logo in Mac menu bar > Quit Parallels Desktop) 2) Run the next command, which would allow to run Parallels Desktop application to get an opportunity create a new virtual machine:
    QT_QUICK_BACKEND=software open /Applications/Parallels\ Desktop.app
    3) This action is required to run just one time, Once Parallels Desktop is launched please attempt to create a virtual machine.

3. ArnoW1

ArnoW1 Bit poster

Thank you, this helps. Turning on the Qt software renderer has a big performance impact, but after creating the VM the normal start works.

4. Jean-MarcP1

Jean-MarcP1 Bit poster

Hi,
    I am trying to create a new vm under parallels and do not see the option. Every time I start parallel it always brings up my boot camp vm only. How do I create a new windows vm to run from mac. Thanks.

5. Hi, could you share the screenshot of window which you got when start Parallels Desktop please?