After update to macOS Montery 12.3 Parallels freeze and crashes

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by FrankI5, Mar 15, 2022.

1. FrankI5

FrankI5 Bit poster

After I updated to macOS Montery 12.3 and are running the Parallels, the whole MacBook Pro Freezes and crashes after few minutes.
    Im running MacBook Pro 2019 2.4GHz I9 Intel with 32GB Ram
    Does anyone else see this?

2. McallenT@P

McallenT@P Parallels Team

If Parallels Desktop crashes unexpectedly, force-quit the app and launch it again. Then update the app to the latest build and uninstall third-party system cleaners. If the issue persists, reinstall Parallels Desktop and enter Safe Mode or create a support ticket by referring to this KB article: https://kb.parallels.com/6571 and reply here with the ticket number so that we can assist you further. Thanks, Parallels Team.

3. ThomasL36

ThomasL36 Bit poster

Almost the same. Instead of crashing MacOS both VMs (Win XP and Win10) did not respond and could not be shut down anymore. When I started Parallells for the first time immediately after the update I got a "Parallels uses a kernel extension which will not be supported by future versions of MacOS"-Message.
    The only error I found was that some of the permissions for Parallels were gone, e.g. permission to access the whole file system. After restoring the permissions, running the disk utility and a complete shutdown things were back to normal. I was very close to restoring 12.2 using time machine ...

4. ThomasL36

ThomasL36 Bit poster

Forgot this: Parallels Version 17.1.1 (51537)

5. FrankI5

FrankI5 Bit poster

Do you remember where you found those permissions?

6. ThomasL36

ThomasL36 Bit poster

System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy