After updating to Version 17.1.0 (51516) I am now having issue with my Prolific USB com port

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Gizmo-XL, Oct 21, 2021.

1. PeterL30

PeterL30 Bit poster

I posted a URL recently so everyone here could download 17.0 directly from Parallels. That post has been deleted. Perhaps the reason was that it was a parallels URL embedded in a Facebook URL, but no reason was given, nor was I told I violated any rules, nor was I told my *constructive* post was deleted.

In my book, Parallels is earning a big black eye. I've gotten frustrated and blunt, which likely alienated me to anyone who read my support ticket. No human replied, though. I have considered Parallels desktop to be a serious tool and have been using it for work. But given the way support deleted a helpful link to rollback to 17.0 and did not replace it with a better one, I see no reason to stake my job (dependent on using Windows) on Parallels VM's anymore. I'll muddle through, but never upgrade again.

Peter Lawton

2. Gizmo-XL

Gizmo-XL Bit poster

They now have the instructions to roll back on the support site. Follow these instruction and you will be able to roll back. https://kb.parallels.com/128608

1. Download and run Parallels Desktop 17.0.1 installation image available here

ReneS9 and PeterL30 like this.
  3. ReneS9

ReneS9 Bit poster

4. PeterL30

PeterL30 Bit poster

ReneS9 likes this.
  5. ReneS9

ReneS9 Bit poster

Luckily I could could restore Parallels 17.0.1 from an old Time Machine backup on my computer. The links are probably pretty helpful for other people that have the same problem though. Thank you for adding them Gizmo-XL.

6. GampaA@P

GampaA@P Pro

Hello @ReneS9, Please generate a Technical Report ID following the instructions from this Knowledge base article and provide us the 9 digit technical report ID here for further investigation. http://kb.parallels.com/9058 Thanks, Parallels Team.

7. ReneS9

ReneS9 Bit poster

Thanks for the help. The report ID is 383358452.