again prl_disp_service - error - parallels not able to start anymore

CarstenB

Bit poster
hi folks
i updated all my soft to the newest versions and since then parallels 4.0 does not start any more. everytime i try to start i get the infobox telling me

"Make sure that prl_disp_service is running or check your firewall settings. If the problem persists, contact the Parallels support team for assistance." now i call you out htere for assistance.

situation:
i use little snitch version 2.2.b1 - and shut it down before i started parallels -> same error
i allowded all incoming connections within the mac osx firewall (systemtray)
tryed to start the service as recomended:
sudo /Library/Parallels/Parallels\ Service.app/Contents/MacOS/prl_disp_service -e --logfile /var/log/prl_disp_service_server.log --pidfile /var/run/prl_disp_service.pid &

the answer in terminal is:
WARNING: QApplication was not created in the main() thread.
i didn´t find a solution in this forum for this behaviour.

i´m not able to send a bugreport out of the textbox showing me the error.

i uninstalled several times parallels and reinstalled it but same behaviour.

the cracy thing about that is that it worked well just before i upgraded the soft on my mac. i use osx 1.5.8

i´m not a unix geek so i hope there is somebody out ther who can help me get it up to work again.
thanks in advance !
carsten
 
error still exsist

i repaired permissions and rebooted the system but it did not fix the problem
. anything else i can do ?
 
I hope this workaround helps you.

I have discovered that Parallels Desktop works fine if I do a shutdown, wait a 2 minutes and power on the mac.
After using Parallels I shut it down and if for any reason I need to restart the mac then I encounter the message, "Make sure the prl_disp_service is running...". So the work around is to shutdown the mac, wait a few minutes and power it on. Only then am I able to launch Parallels Desktop.
 
Here is a work around I found.

I have discovered that Parallels Desktop works fine if I do a shutdown, wait a 2 minutes and power on the mac.
After using Parallels I shut it down and if for any reason I need to restart the mac then I encounter the message, "Make sure the prl_disp_service is running...". So the work around is to shutdown the mac, wait a few minutes and power it on. Only then am I able to launch Parallels Desktop.
 
Here are the results from Terminal generated in the same order as requested (1, 2 & 3):
Last login: Fri Sep 11 19:07:42 on console
dane-chungs-imac:~ danechung$ sudo launchctl list | grep prl

WARNING: Improper use of the sudo command could lead to data loss
or the deletion of important system files. Please double-check your
typing when using sudo. Type "man sudo" for more information

133 - 0x100417550.anonymous.prl_disp_service
120 - com.parallels.vm.prl_naptd

dane-chungs-imac:~ danechung$ ls -al /Library/LaunchDaemons/
total 16
drwxr-xr-x 4 root wheel 136 10 Sep 23:08 .
drwxrwxr-t+ 62 root admin 2108 10 Sep 23:08 ..
-rwxrwxrwx 1 root wheel 471 1 Feb 2007 com.hp.lightscribe.plist
-rw-r--r-- 1 root wheel 567 29 Aug 09:45 com.parallels.desktop.launchdaemon.plist

dane-chungs-imac:~ danechung$ ls -al /Library/DiagnosticReports
ls: /Library/DiagnosticReports: No such file or directory
dane-chungs-imac:~ danechung$
 
I have the same problem and ran the same commands and got the exact same output. Please HELP!!

Please send a problem report:
When Parallels Desktop displays the message, it suggests to send a problem report. Then post the report number here
 
Back
Top