Age of Mythology crashed

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by NicolasG7, Sep 21, 2020.

1. NicolasG7

NicolasG7 Bit poster

Hi, I have successfully installed from Steam AoM, the game launched after I fixed the full scream error, the game start but the moment that I try to play a game it closes up, it finished the loading and then close, the message is the followed: Memory system error: parallels unable to allocate memory, size: "1048580" The aplicaciĆ³n will now exit.

I increased the RAM for the virtual machine
    I have also tried the solution of installing the fields "vcredist".
    I have a MacBook Pro (13-inch) with 8 GB of memory

2. Hello, could you collect the tech report data once the issue reproduced and post the report's ID here.
    Looking forward to your reply.

3. NicolasG7

NicolasG7 Bit poster

Hi, this is the Report ID

4. ChristopherA5

ChristopherA5 Bit poster

Hello,

Funny enough I had the same experience has NicolasG7 today when I tried to play Age of Mythology HD on Steam today. I only tried multiplayer and it appeared there were no issues for a 1v1 (albeit the performance was sluggish).

However, when I tried to join a multiplayer game with 4+ players... after the lobby launched to load/start the game, the game would crash and I received the same error "parallels unable to allocate memory, size: "1048580"'.

I have not been able to find another reference to this specific error anywhere (it must be game-specific and could be a memory leak?).

Report ID: 367897404

System specs:
    Apple MacBook Pro M1
    16gb RAM
    1TB SSD

I changed nothing except setting Parallels to "Game Mode".

Thanks!

5. ChristopherA5

ChristopherA5 Bit poster

I ran both Steam and the game as "Administrator" and the leak seemed to disappear. I was watching the Task Manager with and without "Run as Administrator" turned on.

Without "Run as Administrator" the game would shoot-up in 200-300MB intervals until maxing out around 2gb and crashing.
    With "Run as Administrator" the game maxed out at about 1.2gb and loaded me into a game.

6. Hello, if you decide to investigate the issue could you collect the tech report once the issue reoccurs and post the report's ID here please?

7. ChristopherA5

ChristopherA5 Bit poster

Hello, I included a report ID in the my initial post, but I am not sure if it captured the error or not (I ran the report immediately after the crash).

8. warrenb3

warrenb3 Bit poster

How do you run as administrator on mac?

9. GauravJ3

GauravJ3 Bit poster

How can you run as an administrator on Mac??

are you using a VPS to play games lol...

Clicks Test

10. ChristopherA5

ChristopherA5 Bit poster

Hi everyone - following-up to Warrenb3 and Gauravj3...
    When I said "Run as Administrator", I was referring to the Windows instance in Parallels.

With that said, I gave up trying to run the game as I was not able to get it anywhere close to playable. I think Age of Mythology's code base is just way too outdated/not optimized to run virtualized via the M1 (technically Parallels is virtualizing the ARM version of windows, which is then emulating the x86 environment for Age of Mythology lol).

Thanks.

GauravJ3 likes this.