Altium Parallels SHIFT key not working

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by DavidA4, Oct 23, 2019.

1. DavidA4

DavidA4 Hunter

There's a command sequence used in Altium Designer requiring simultaneous use of the control key, shift key and left mouse button on the mouse (as you drag a vertex of a polygon shape in Altium Designer).

Under these circumstances the SHIFT key isn't working.

Also, The SHIFT key isn't working with panning (in Altium) - using the mouse scroll wheel while pressing the SHIFT key.

Interestingly, the SHIFT key works fine when using a Microsoft Word Document.

More interestingly, I may have a similar issue using the SHIFT key with Microsoft's Remote Login.

So, would that mean the issue could be with my MacBook Pro? Or can something be done in Parallels to fix this?

I'm using a 2015 MackBook Pro 15" Retina with macOS High Sierra Ver. 10.13.6 to run:
    Parallels Desktop 15 for Mac Pro Edition - ver. 15.1.0 (47107)
    Windows 10 Professional
    Altium Designer 19.1.8. (A Windows Program)

2. DavidA4

DavidA4 Hunter

Correction:
    This
    here's a command sequence used in Altium Designer requiring simultaneous use of the control key, shift key and left mouse button on the mouse (as you drag a vertex of a polygon shape in Altium Designer).
    should read
    here's a command sequence used in Altium Designer requiring simultaneous use of the shift key and left mouse button on the mouse (as you drag a vertex of a polygon shape in Altium Designer).

3. serv

serv Forum Maven

David, try setting this option VM Config > Hardware > Mouse and Keyboard > Keyboard : Optimize for Games. Will that make a difference?