Always Show Dock

Discussion in 'Feature Suggestions' started by DavidSII, Mar 9, 2012.

1. DavidSII

DavidSII Bit poster

Hi,

I'd like to see a feature where I could always show the OSX Dock while in Windows full screen mode. I use multiple monitors, and it's nice to have the Windows taskbar on one and the Dock on the other.

Thanks,
    David

2. WilliamPaul

WilliamPaul Member

Switching to the Full Screen Mode

You can run a guest operating system in the Full Screen mode when the guest operating system window occupies the whole screen and all Mac OS X and Parallels Desktop controls are hidden. To see the Mac OS X Dock and the Parallels Desktop menus while working in the Full Screen mode, press Ctrl+Alt.

To switch to the Full Screen mode, do one of the following:

* Click the Full Screen button PWst Full Screen button in the Parallels Desktop toolbar.
    * Choose Full Screen from the View menu.
    * Use the appropriate hot key combination (Alt+Cmd+Return by default).
    * Click the down arrow button The Down Arrow button near the Coherence button The small Coherence button in the virtual machine status bar, and select Full Screen from the menu.

Note: The default hot key combinations can be configured on the Keyboard and Mouse pane of the Preferences dialog.

You may also choose the type of animation that will be displayed when switching to the Full Screen mode and back. For details, please refer to Appearance Preferences.

To return to the Window mode:

* press the appropriate hot key combination (Alt+Cmd+Return by default) or
    * press Ctrl+Alt to display the Parallels Desktop menus and choose Window from the View menu.

3. DavidSII

DavidSII Bit poster

Initial Post Not Read

Guys, I asked about a feature to ALWAYS show the OSX Dock, not just when pressing Ctrl+Alt, when in full-screen mode. Thanks for the canned answer, but that isn't what I'm looking for.

CarolH1 likes this.
  4. kuerten

kuerten Bit poster

Would be a good and handy feature to have in the upcoming releases. +1 [​IMG]

CarolH1 likes this.